Question AIO suddenly stopped working after one year

Jun 16, 2022
Yesterday, my pc which had been running fine for a year now, suddenly shut down. When restarting, I saw the message "CPU Fan Error" and a message that my CPU was overheating. What happened was that my fans had stopped spinning, my AIO pump stopped working and all the RGB had shut off. Some info:

• the AIO is an icue h150i elite capellix liquid cpu cooler
  • the pump is connected to the Corsair Commander
  • the AIO fans are connected to the Corsair Commander
  • 3 remaining case fans are also connected to the Corsair Commander
I unplugged and cleaned everything, which did not help. Then, I connected the AIO fans directly to my motherboard instead of to the Commander, now the fans worked fine. Tried to plug them back in the Commander, they don't work; even though the other case fans work perfectly fine in the Commander. Also checked whether it was those specific connection ports, but this wasn't the problem since the case fans worked regardless of where I connected them to the Commander.

I did not manage to get the AIO pump to work, since I have to connect this through the Commander as far as I am aware.

So as far as I understand it, everything works fine individually, but the Commander won't power the AIO fans or the AIO pump. Because of this, I'm guessing it's a software issue. I did update my Geforce drivers yesterday, but I'm not sure if that could have caused this. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this.

kanewolf

Titan
Yesterday, my pc which had been running fine for a year now, suddenly shut down. When restarting, I saw the message "CPU Fan Error" and a message that my CPU was overheating. What happened was that my fans had stopped spinning, my AIO pump stopped working and all the RGB had shut off. Some info:

• the AIO is an icue h150i elite capellix liquid cpu cooler
  • the pump is connected to the Corsair Commander
  • the AIO fans are connected to the Corsair Commander
  • 3 remaining case fans are also connected to the Corsair Commander
I unplugged and cleaned everything, which did not help. Then, I connected the AIO fans directly to my motherboard instead of to the Commander, now the fans worked fine. Tried to plug them back in the Commander, they don't work; even though the other case fans work perfectly fine in the Commander. Also checked whether it was those specific connection ports, but this wasn't the problem since the case fans worked regardless of where I connected them to the Commander.

I did not manage to get the AIO pump to work, since I have to connect this through the Commander as far as I am aware.

So as far as I understand it, everything works fine individually, but the Commander won't power the AIO fans or the AIO pump. Because of this, I'm guessing it's a software issue. I did update my Geforce drivers yesterday, but I'm not sure if that could have caused this. Anyone have any ideas as to how to fix this.
Contact the manufacture for warranty or repair parts.

Reactions: Wout.S
fans had stopped spinning, my AIO pump stopped working and all the RGB had shut off...

the pump is connected to the Corsair Commander
the AIO fans are connected to the Corsair Commander
3 remaining case fans are also connected to the Corsair Commander
just sounds like the Commander unit has failed.
had been running fine for a year now
Corsair should offer longer than a year warranty so you should be okay for an RMA and replacement unit.

Reactions: Wout.S