AIO vs Cryorig H7

oskar.katajamaki

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017
Hello,

wanted to know if Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240 lite AIO would be better than Cryorig H7. Which one gives better cooling and overclocking headroom for R5 1600? I would use 2 Corsair SP120 quiet fans for the AIO. And also for me the MasterLiquid is 50€ and H7 45€.

Solution
I just got done testing and doing a review for the site here on the MasterLiquid 240L and literally have this sitting in a box in my home office. I would recommend it given the price point and RGB integration if you wanted a cheap AIO that performed decent to above average. The review itself should be up in cooler reviews any day now.

I personally have not reviewed or used the H7, but it looks like your average tower cooler with three, direct contact heatpipes. Most tower coolers these days are either 4 or 6 heatpipe design, but perhaps these are a bit larger than average.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
All In One coolers will often be equal or even less effective than the best air coolers. The best air coolers, are better than the best AIO. Custom loops have more benefits, but equally require more upkeep and the upfront work.

I would invest in a top end air cooler if you don't want to go down the custom loop route.

I would say don't necessarily buy into the AIO hype unless you get a miraculous deal or you need more space for example, AIO will give you more physical space - but it is effectively the same as an air cooler, is just exchanges the heat in a different location. Typically AIO tend to run the same if not slightly less effective and louder than a top end air cooler.

From my perspective, I have gone AIO for many years, even though the very best Air Coolers can be better. The main reason I do not go the Air Cooler route is just becouse of the size and weight of metal hanging of the CPU and of course the looks, though this is of course subjective.

On the other hand, my experience with AIO's has been more than positive as I have never had a failure (though these do happen) and I am going back many years with my first AIO which was a Corsair. I have since had around 4 different AIO's all Corsair except for my most recent one which is a 360mm AIO from Antec.

Why have I gone AIO, becouse I find them easy to install and live with. They provide a constant level of cooling which never really deviates and at worse maybe a couple of degrees of the best Air Cooler in the Noctua NH-d15 etc.. The sound levels are also very good with a quiet profile and that only ramps up as the load increases but never bad...The AIO you are thinking about in the Cooler MAster Liquid Lite 240, is very cost effective, in fact cheaper than the very best Air Coolers from the likes of Noctua and it will do a solid job...It just depends what you want, in terms of cooling they will do a good job...Just my thoughts.

the H7 should cost less - more like 35 euro
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/93Crxr/cryorig-cpu-cooler-h7
for around 50 euro, you can get a much better cooler like this one
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/YwGkcf/be-quiet-cpu-cooler-bk018
or monster coolers like those from Scythe
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/8GBrxr/scythe-mugen-5-rev-b-512-cfm-cpu-cooler-scmg-5100
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/dVwqqs/scythe-cpu-cooler-scfm1000
all of the above will serve you better (cooler and quieter) and longer than any AiO.

Having had a look at a couple of reviews of the Cryorig, the Cooler Master will provide a little better overall cooling but cost you more as compared to the Cryorig, as to which will serve you better...only you will know once you make your choice.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
We have a listing of cooler comparisons as well as comparisons in each of the reviews that we (the reviewers) write. There isn't much of a cross-over in the comparison articles for Air/AIO, but I could perhaps provide some insight into what types of 'this vs. that' you're looking for?

Be careful when you are asking which is better, 'Cooler A vs. Cooler B'.....better HOW?

oskar.katajamaki

Prominent
Sep 22, 2017

Well my question was that is this certain CMs budget 240 AIO any better or worse than popular H7 in terms of cooling and overclocking. I know the pros and cons for both types of coolers, but could budget 240 AIO beat very capable air cooler in temps (or lose). (Also I'd like to know the AIOs pumps noise.)

All I can say is the the CoolerMaster will cool better than the H7, not by much, but it will overall be better at cooling in a straight shootout by a couple of degrees....Not much at all!! This just comes down to choice for you. People will give you there opinion, just like I am and all I can base my opinion on as having used AIO's for a long time and of course Air Coolers including the mighty Noctua, ultimatly I just found the Noctua to large from a aesthetic point as I wanted everything to look neat. Both solutions are good....choices, choices...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I just got done testing and doing a review for the site here on the MasterLiquid 240L and literally have this sitting in a box in my home office. I would recommend it given the price point and RGB integration if you wanted a cheap AIO that performed decent to above average. The review itself should be up in cooler reviews any day now.

I personally have not reviewed or used the H7, but it looks like your average tower cooler with three, direct contact heatpipes. Most tower coolers these days are either 4 or 6 heatpipe design, but perhaps these are a bit larger than average.

Solution