[SOLVED] AIOs warranties that cover damage to rest of PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

fobos8

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
Hi guys
I'm considering doing a built with AIO and like others I'm a bit apprehensive.

Which manufacturers have warranties the cover the rest of the components in your case if the AIO leaks?

Kind regards, Andrew

Solution
Both Corsair and NZXT offer warranty for damage caused providing the unit has not been tampered with and deal with those sort of problems on a case by case assessment.
IT's a mute point anyhow as AIOs do not leak as air lovers try to claim and the argument is OLD.
Leaks are a thing of the past imo It's far more likely the pump will fail.
Both Corsair and NZXT offer warranty for damage caused providing the unit has not been tampered with and deal with those sort of problems on a case by case assessment.
IT's a mute point anyhow as AIOs do not leak as air lovers try to claim and the argument is OLD.
Leaks are a thing of the past imo It's far more likely the pump will fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: fobos8
Solution

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Leaks can still occur, but it is such a low percentage that meanmachine1 is correct; you'd likely encounter something else going wrong instead. Still, forcefully bending tubing can cause cracks, so it can be a possibility, and usually user-error, not manufacturing.

I don't understand all the fears about AIOs, but people 'still want to get one'.

Why is there 'fear' in the first place?
How valid is this claim? (heard from buddy, found on internet)
If you're that afraid, why not just get a good air cooler? It might actually perform just as well, or better than an AIO? This seems like the far more sensible solution?

Everyone focuses on forum threads where 'disaster leaks' happen for AIOs. Do some quick math to realize that the insanely small % of people using AIOs have issues...but you'll always find problems with AIOs if you are going to just 'Google for AIO leaks' - you get exactly what you are looking for.

It's like being a firefighter and proclaiming "everyone's house burns down...that's all I see everyday". Your perspective is skewed simply from your narrow vision and finding exactly for what you search for.

fobos8

Commendable
Nov 30, 2019
thanks guys. I think its normal to be a little apprehensive about using water cooling in an expensive electronics. I'm not against it and I'm happy to give it a try. A good warranty would encourage me (and probably many others) to go for it even more

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Possibly, but liquid cooling has been a mainstream solution for nearly 2 decades with a huge increase in the past 8-10 years in terms of sheer volume of different AIO models and brand applications (most of them using 1 of 2 primary pump OEMs).

No reason to follow advice and assumptions based on information which might be largely incorrect (% failures vs. % failures due to leaks) as well as outdated advice. Also would be good to check most forums - this is a subject which has been covered 1000's of times each year.

Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but I've yet to hear leaking be a so much of a problem that some tech site made a stink of it.

There was an interview with a Corsair rep about this worry and they said "if leaks were that bad, you think we'd still be in this business?"

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Its the same thing with your phone or internet provider - you only see the reviews and posts when people complain. Hence, if you search for 'liquid cooling leaks', you will only find instances of leaks. Your bias will only be negativity since that's what people will report. Even if this is 100 different issues, overall this is minuscule to the multiple millions of units sold.

No one posts threads about "Corsair AIO - NEVER LEAKS!!!!! SYSTEM SAFE 100%.......STILL"...they're busing doing everything else.

Reactions: hotaru.hino
Its the same thing with your phone or internet provider - you only see the reviews and posts when people complain. Hence, if you search for 'liquid cooling leaks', you will only find instances of leaks. Your bias will only be negativity since that's what people will report. Even if this is 100 different issues, overall this is minuscule to the multiple millions of units sold.
Yeah, I tend to take negative reviews with a grain of salt if all they say is something like "this product sux" or whatever. At the same time I take short positive reviews in the same light because they don't answer my questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.