Question Air flow

gabriss422

Honorable
Jun 17, 2018
i'm planning on chaning PC case, and I found one that I really like. Sorry for not including the image. Case is DeepCool D-Shield V2. It can hold up to 3 fans in the front, but Ithe only place for the fans to suck air are on the sides of the case, a thin lines. (I think they are for intake). So, the question is - are those lines enough for the fans to suck a lot of air ?

hftvhftv

Distinguished
Ambassador
I searched your case up, and those lines on the side of the case are going to place a slight restriction of airflow on the intake side of things, and with only one case fan being included with that case, I'd suggest purchasing at least an extra 140mm fan for increased intake airflow if you are worried about cooling. Noctua makes great fans, albeit they are a little pricey. https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a14-pwm That's a 1500RPM 140mm model, they do make a 3000RPM version of that fan, but it costs about $10 more.

gabriss422

Honorable
Jun 17, 2018
I searched your case up, and those lines on the side of the case are going to place a slight restriction of airflow on the intake side of things, and with only one case fan being included with that case, I'd suggest purchasing at least an extra 140mm fan for increased intake airflow if you are worried about cooling. Noctua makes great fans, albeit they are a little pricey. https://noctua.at/en/products/fan/nf-a14-pwm That's a 1500RPM 140mm model, they do make a 3000RPM version of that fan, but it costs about $10 more.
thanks for your answer. Im not plannign tu buy new fan, i think i'll change case model, becouse i have tight budget

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
My fractal design define R5 has a door on the front, so intake is from slits on the side. Works just fine with a 280mm aio right behind the door and a couple of 140mm fans as top exhaust only. No rear exhaust fan needed. As a fan spins, it creates a vacuum in front of it that will draw air from anywhere, that includes any slits, slots or unimpeded airspace. Case designers have access to very detailed fan specs and the better quality cases specialize in creating enough airflow to allow for excessive cooling needs.

Pretty much, somebody already tested those slots and if the airflow was determined to be insufficient, they were fixed.

TRENDING THREADS