Air travelling with gaming PC

MadcattyCat

Prominent
May 23, 2017
I'm in Venezuela, flying to America, Florida, staying for a month and getting new gaming PC there, Here is my PC list, and I'm flying back to Venezuela after a month, but I was wondering about my PC, I've looked everywhere for tips for a safe PC transport, only things I know is, put the hard components (CPU heatsink, Video card) in their original boxes, along with light but critical parts, HDD for example, and put them in bubble wrap, and I'm wondering about other tips to make it even more safer, I need a hardside suitcase and can fit a NZXT S340 in. I don't know why, but honestly I feel unsafe about movers, even if the boxes have the "FRAGILE" written on them. I've found this suitcase, but that suitcase is out of stock, and I can't find any suitcases similar to it. And yeah, I'm thinking about carry-on.

This also includes carrying peripherals.

Solution

UnboundGodz

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

Id suggest packaging your items and head to a USPS, FedEx, UPS, or even DHL and see about getting them to fly it to your home and have it delivered. Bringing a PC on a plane just wouldnt be a good idea, one major reason is airliners are careless when it comes to others belongings. Reason people do what ever they can to get their belongings with them instead of under the plane. Just a thought. If anything and you want it at your home by the time you get there, ship it a few days earlier prior to leaving to head home.

MadcattyCat

Prominent
May 23, 2017

Should I disassemble some of the heavy PC parts and put them in their original boxes (including peripherals) and then send them to UPS? (UPS feels like they're more safer) and have the HDD and SSD with me in a carry-on?

UnboundGodz

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

Yes id suggest putting the major parts in their own packaging, preferably have them and HDD's in their own box with bubble wrap to protect them, then the PC case in its own box within a box. Its an easy 2 box shipment, mine was in the past. I always suggest a fragile sticker in this case.

Solution
I'd suggest buying a gaming laptop, carry it onboard with the charger. It'll be much safer with you in a regular laptop bag.

It will also likely be cheaper. The price of desktop gaming GPUs is insane right now. Plus you aren't likely to get hit with import duties on a laptop you carry in with you.

MadcattyCat

Prominent
May 23, 2017

Then what will my PC do, being alone for the rest of its life? I might never immigrate to America, since my nationality is obviously Venezuelan, so technically I would lose money, but not wasted, just lost the money I spent for a PC and only played on it for a month.

MadcattyCat

Prominent
May 23, 2017

Perfecto, I will keep that in mind, thanks!