Air vs. Vapor vs. Liquid Coolings

Solution
Well, obviously air cooling is the least efficient, yet it's also the cheapest. In my opinion, air cooling is plenty for things like RAM, VRAM (on the graphics card), hard drives/SSD's, etc. Water-cooling your CPU and/or GPU is actually worth it, and you will see much lower temperatures (not in your room, though). VRM's on the motherboard, and North/South bridge are also worth water-cooling if you are overclocking, but at stock speeds, they are an option.

As for vapor cooling (which I think you are meaning phase-change cooling), I know nothing.

wolverine96

Reputable
Mar 26, 2014
Well, obviously air cooling is the least efficient, yet it's also the cheapest. In my opinion, air cooling is plenty for things like RAM, VRAM (on the graphics card), hard drives/SSD's, etc. Water-cooling your CPU and/or GPU is actually worth it, and you will see much lower temperatures (not in your room, though). VRM's on the motherboard, and North/South bridge are also worth water-cooling if you are overclocking, but at stock speeds, they are an option.

As for vapor cooling (which I think you are meaning phase-change cooling), I know nothing.

Solution