Question Airflow

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Hi guys, i need some input. Is the deepcool smarter uatx black a good airflow box? I have a q300l box and apperantly it sucks at airflow and my gpu is running hot in this box

Lutfij

Titan
You need to understand that slapping fans inside a case to improve airflow only adds to the overall cost of the build, while badly designed cases with fans slapped in don't offer much, while well thought out cases with only a single rear fan might have better airflow as opposed to the prior options.

That being said, what are the innards for your Coolermaster Q300L case? You might want to look at another case with a bottom mounted PSU option or perhaps just look at the Matrexx 30 or the Macube 110 or even an N200 by Coolermaster.

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
Psu, bottom mount Antec Ne650m continuois power 12v 50a 80+ bronse
Mobo Gigabyte z390m gaming, bios up to date.
Cpu I5 9600k oc 4,8ghz. Temps are awesome
Cooler deepcool gammaxx 200t
Ram 4x 4gig hyperx fury 2400 running 2666mhz
Gpu gigabyte gtx 1650 super oc single fan
Fans
2 intake in front
1 intake at bottom
I exhaust at back
All fans are coolermaster mf120l
Adata nvme 256gig xpg sx8200 pro
And some 3tb hdd behind mobo
The chassis is coolermaster masterbox q300l micro atx

If i switch all fans to 100% the gpu fan doesn't ran that fast but still its louder than all fans combined and have a high pitch that is realy annoying. All fans 100% i can only hear the air blowing, no fan noise. But when gaming, the gpu is loud and high pitch. I changed the fan curve, changed the voltage so that it dont boost so hi, (1980mhz), restored everything back to default, but no change in gpu noise

Last edited:

Jacozeelie

Respectable
Mar 1, 2019
And where i live, there is only cheap crappy chassis. Only 2 it shops in town. I order all my stuff online and then have to wait 2 damn weeks before it gets here. There are many big atx chassis, many very expensice, availble but i want a small, micro atx chassis and they are scarce. The q300l was the only one that was availble when i build my pc 1year 3 months ago