Question alienware 15 samsung 2tb ssd gone slow

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
Alien ware 15 i7 running Windows 7 64bit .2TB - 676GB left Samsung evo 860
It was ok until I realized it has gone slow,.
When I say slow that means
opening programmes takes good 10 seconds
Opening video vlc 10 seconds. Can lag the player few seconds if i try forward it.
Online gameplay connection dropped.
Refreshing desktop I can see icons take 2 to 3 seconds to refresh like a 3-second blink should have been instant and unnoticeable.
Single player games even with cheats i could recruit big army but now it lags.

Updated Samsung ssd bios 2019 yesterday. And i highly doubt it is bios as it was working fine since year 2018 since i got it.

nvideo gpu driver updated also.

Opening task-manager and killing the task explorer.exe creates a black screen while firefox is running.
Normally browser shows but the taskbar hides, FISHY.

As am I typing this the text is little delayed 1 second something is not right

I tried chkdsk did not help even though it found little errors.
I tried making more space from 400gb upping it to 600+gb

why is my text delayed or slow as I am typing this is weird something is wrong and that could be the one causing it

i have 2 partition.
1: windows 10
2: windows 7
Last resort will be to reinstall but that means i have to install everything again.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Which BIOS version are you on at the moment? You might want to open up Samsung's Magician utility and see if the firmware is up to date. Take note of resource usage and temps of your processor when you experience the issue.

You might want to also try and backup any and/or all critical data and see if a reinstall of the OS helps you out. Ideally you should have at least 50% free from an SSD, without it having more than one partition. That being said, how many partitions do you have on the 86 Evo?

humzy12

Great
BANNED
Jun 6, 2020
Speed is back, question is why let me explain what I did.
from post 1 I added 2TB - 676GB left Samsung evo 860
now as I was making a large backup i was deleting gigs of unwanted data on the main drive to speed up the transfer and not copy unwanted files.

Before i had 2TB - 676GB now i have 2TB - 936GB
Can somebody give some more information regarding this and what should i do?
Should I leave 100gb unallocated or more?