Question Alienware Aurora R8 upgrade psu liquid cooling advice.

Mar 11, 2019
Hello to all!

Last night on eBay I got what I think s a good deal on a new AlienwareAurora R8.

i7-8700
128gb ssd 2tb
16gb 2666
gtx 1080
Windows 10 home

Brand new from dell for 1268.85 shipped. I wanted to build my own but could not find component prices cheap enough to pass on this deal. Apparently this is through dell emc sales and no changes can be made as this is a prebuilt. It says it comes with a 460w power supply, and I am not sure if it is liquid cooled as the auction didn’t specify, and there is no way to talk to this department prior to shipment, and dell would not allow me to cancel and reorder with them at the same price, so I am thinking I need to upgrade the psu and add liquid cooling. I do not see a lot of information on the R8 as far as what would work, hoping to get advice on what would be the best way to approach this. Warcraft is my main game, and I am thinking if it is air cooled with a 1080 liquid may be what I need?

Thanks in Advance.

Mar 9, 2019
bro too overkill just enjoy the game plus u cant overclock to get a water cooler and guess what everything will function properly without water cooling dude do ur research before posting something like this on here its embarrassing

Mar 11, 2019
When researching components I read that the founders style cards run hottest and 1080s are demanding on the psu as well, and other than buy the extended warranty I want to improve the cooling and psu as it is my understanding the stock cooler isn’t that great on these computers, even though the processor is locked. I am open to suggestions, and would appreciate part recommendations as there isn’t a lot of info on the R8 at this point.