Alienware, Digital Storm, Maingear, Origin PC, Velocity Micro Do Haswell-E, X99

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovah-chan

Honorable
PR news releases: bringing you news about prebuilts you or other people who actually have the money, won't buy. How are these companies still in business exactly? I understand some consumers purchasing prebuilt gaming PCs that don't have the time to build one but they are very far and few between. Someone please explain for me.

Dustin Mock

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2014
PR news releases: bringing you news about prebuilts you or other people who actually have the money, won't buy. How are these companies still in business exactly? I understand some consumers purchasing prebuilt gaming PCs that don't have the time to build one but they are very far and few between. Someone please explain for me.

People who have the money but not enough know-how to build their own. Some people are also scared to mess with components for fear of ruining them. The threat of shorting out a $500 dollar (or in this case $1,000) processor due to accident, or buying incompatible parts and having to spend a long time doing the RMA dance makes it worth it to buy one of these pre-built machines, especially if you have the money.

g-unit1111

Titan

Well I learned the hard way last week that if you screw with the components and damage something critical, like say the motherboard, you have to replace it yourself, there's no technical support line you can call and have them come out and replace a part.

That said, is Alienware trying to out-design Apple?

Status
Not open for further replies.