Question Alienware on sale worth it?

Gorrath

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
I need to change my PC but I'm too lazy to put one together.

I know buying a pre-built PC is really not worth it compared to buying all the pieces and building it myself...well in my case I would need to pay someone to do it cuz I don't want to so that's some extra cost.

But let's say I'm gonna buy a pre-built PC, is Alienware a good option?
Something in sale like this:
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/del.../alienware-aurora-r16-desktop/caneahctor16i17

I'm in Canada btw

Thanks for your help

I know buying a pre-built PC is really not worth it compared to buying all the pieces and building it myself...well in my case I would need to pay someone to do it cuz I don't want to so that's some extra cost.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/del.../alienware-aurora-r16-desktop/caneahctor16i17

I'm in Canada btw

Thanks for your help
No, maybe if it were like 1400. If you want to try yout hand at building check this list out for around the same price.

I put some really nice parts in this build.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($429.00 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Phantom Spirit EVO 69 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock X870 Pro RS WiFi ATX AM5 Motherboard ($209.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Patriot Venom 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($167.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial T500 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($142.72 @ Amazon)
Video Card: XFX Mercury Magnetic Air Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB Video Card ($869.99 @ Amazon)
Case: be quiet! Shadow Base 800 DX ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.90 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: FSP Group Hydro PTM X PRO,Gen5 1000 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($170.00 @ Amazon)
Total: $2119.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-10-06 16:39 EDT-0400

is Alienware a good option?
for $2100, i'd say that's a pretty bad choice.
adding/upgrading any further increasing the cost makes it even worse.
no details whatsoever on the PSU or the motherboard included,
a cramped lesser quality case,
low amount of slower DDR5 RAM,
entry level GPU,
only 1 year of basic warranty coverage on the system as a whole...

you may want to find a local shop and see what custom options they may have to offer.
or better yet, what they may charge to physically construct a system out of your own purchased parts for you.

I'm in Canada btw

Thanks for your help
Slow RAM (only 16GB btw), small SSD, no mention of motherboard, airflow restricted case and it would be nice to know the make & model of the psu.