[SOLVED] Alienware r7 mobo to nzxt chassis

Jan 5, 2019
I recently purchased a new chassis in order to supply enough room for my cables and components. The original case/ setup was an alienware auorora r7 which comes with a ipcfl-sc mobo. I am now trying to put this motherboard in a nzxt h700i case. The problem is, with the r7 case the front panel wires were a 19 pin connector that plugged into the board. The nzxt f_panel cable is a 9 pin as well as the usb 2.0 cable but i do not have anywhere to plug these in on the mother board. How do i get these 2 cables to operate?

Solution
Unfortunately, this won't be a simple fix. The IPCFL-SC is an OEM motherboard manufactured by Pegatron. It utilizes a number of non-standard connectors.

Standard motherboards have a front panel header:

How-to-connect-case-cables-speaker-768x467.jpg

This motherboard does not. If this like other models of Alienware systems, the power switch is wired into the LED controller. If you have experience in electronics, you can try reverse engineering the wiring from the old case.
Unfortunately, this won't be a simple fix. The IPCFL-SC is an OEM motherboard manufactured by Pegatron. It utilizes a number of non-standard connectors.

Standard motherboards have a front panel header:

How-to-connect-case-cables-speaker-768x467.jpg

This motherboard does not. If this like other models of Alienware systems, the power switch is wired into the LED controller. If you have experience in electronics, you can try reverse engineering the wiring from the old case.

Solution