Alienware Wants to Stuff Your Stocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznguy0028

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
no thanks to alienware if they wanna stuff my stockings. you could probably build a computer with those specs for like 3,000. 6,000? you kidding me?

G

^ Exactly what I was thinking, too. Like this killer NIC article 2 days ago... It seems that tom's really sold it's heart and soul finally.

SHAME
ON
TOMS

DXRick

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
Relax! It comes with an "Owner Identification Card"! That's gotta be worth the $1,000 price difference between their system and one you can build yourself!

G

Due to my apparently terrible eyes, I was initially confused as to why Alienware was stuffing "breasts" under my tree this year.

Personally, I'd have preferred my interpretation to the reality.

cangelini

Contributing Editor
Editor
Jul 4, 2008
[citation][nom]average joe[/nom]^ Exactly what I was thinking, too. Like this killer NIC article 2 days ago... It seems that tom's really sold it's heart and soul finally.SHAMEON TOMS[/citation]

If you'd rather a bit of editorial to prove otherwise, check out this piece where the m17x actually falls toward the back of the pack in terms of performance *and* value.

jaragon13

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
[citation][nom]anonymous96[/nom]the 8800m gtx is faster than the 9800m gtx.[/citation]
Urr..what?

If the 8800 GTX is based on 90nm and it automatically consumes more power,and in benchmarks the desktop still wins with less power,it's obviously going to be a POWER and HEAT limitation for laptops.When's the last time you saw any of them actually take up over half of a desktop comparable compenent? They need to save power otherwise your laptop would survive ~20 minutes on that battery.If not less.

joex444

Distinguished
I do not appreciate this article or the person who negligently posted it.

The first few lines give the impression that AlienWare is giving away a laptop and desktop as promotional items -- presumably with the hopes that non-winners will simply purchase the desired items.

Fine, we're not getting a link to a contest. Then, what is this article about? Could it be the newest products? Well, if its about the latest GPUs, shouldn't this be an nVidia article not an Alienware one? What about CPUs... that should be Intel. Hard drives? How about a hard drive manufacturer. Instead, we're given links to customizable overpriced Dell products. How is that being fair, balanced, or objective? You are ostensibly running a NEWS site, retard. Atleast fake it once in a while.

So, I'm sure your paycheck from Dell is nice and all, but it disappears if your THG check goes away too. Please, Tom's Hardware, restore your credibility and get around to firing the filthy slime ball clowns you have invading and ruining your reputation. The world will thank you, and your credibility will go up. Hell, how can it go down?

ultim8wpn

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
awww man, when i read the title, "alienware wants to stuff your stocking" i was hoping that they were gonna do a giveaway. oh well u_u

damn article

Status
Not open for further replies.