Alienware X51 Auto Reboot.

DannyyP

Reputable
Jul 14, 2014
Hi.

I've had problems with this computer since about a month after i bought it back in September. However it has only been one problem. The computer reboots randomly. Sometimes this will be when I start up a game, sometimes it will be hours into playing a game and sometimes it will just be when I am doing nothing. I don't even know why I still use it.

Fast forward to today and it seems now, I can not even open a benchmark in fullscreen (MSI Kombuster) without it instantly rebooting, where previously it would run just fine. No error messages or anything. What I have tried it going into the core cock in msi afterburner and just setting it to -502, the lowest possible. Now the benchmark runs but the fps is horrible at about 15 fps.

In event viewer there is a critical error relating to Kernal Power 41, but I have no idea what this means as I am not great (or bad) with computers. I have read hundreds of peoples forums about people who are having the same problem with this model and different and have still not found a solution. The only thing I have not tried is something to do with RAM timings that I read about? About how it could be set wrong? But I have no idea what this means.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ
RAM: 16GB
System type: 64 Bit
Graphics card: GTX 670.

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/14/07/14/ebw.png

I am at my wits end with this computer and just want to fix it. Please help me out