Alienware's Little Notebook - Yes, it Plays Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]gaevs[/nom]A small fast computer!!, finaly!!.. why they take so long??[/citation]
They had to pry it out of the Developer's and the Tech's Hands first before they could finally finish the product and ship it!

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Yea right, the one that starts at $1,000 will probably not have a GT335M GPU, will not have a light up keyboard like the picture and will not have a fast enough processor to do much of anything like gaming and probably a low res screen. Once you add all the extra's to reach the level they describe, think more in the neighborhood of $2,500 I would guess.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
11.6" and can play some of the newest games? Sounds like a winner, especially with HDMI output so you can hook up to the living room television.

Also, I like the way Alienware does their keyboards. They're well lit, but not glaring to the point it distracts you from the images on your screen.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
I see no cooling vents, if they're just on the bottom, airflow will be problematic, this thing will be scorchingly hot. an 11" display is no good for much serious work.

lowguppy

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
[citation][nom]hixbot[/nom]nice photoshop there on the last pic. there's no way the Enterprise would look that good on a TN panel from that viewing angle.[/citation]
You might also notice that its floating in space... those are not meant to be actual shots, they look like nice renders.

[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]Yea right, the one that starts at $1,000 will probably not have a GT335M GPU, will not have a light up keyboard like the picture and will not have a fast enough processor to do much of anything like gaming and probably a low res screen. Once you add all the extra's to reach the level they describe, think more in the neighborhood of $2,500 I would guess.[/citation]

Have to agree. If they really sell it as described for under $1,000 I'll be shocked. Heck, I might even be tempted to buy one. Fact of the matter is though, no laptop capable of truly playing Crysis with brand new tech in it is going to retail for less than $1,000.

But if they did make it happen, I could see reason for every other 'gaming' laptop on the market to instantly collect dust on retail shelves.

B-Unit

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
[citation][nom]climber[/nom]I see no cooling vents, if they're just on the bottom, airflow will be problematic, this thing will be scorchingly hot. an 11" display is no good for much serious work.[/citation]
The're on the back, next to the power connector.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I hope they put a decent resolution on it (1680x1050).
I do like having but a discrete and integrated GPU also. So you can use it on the go and still game when you want to. Though how powerful the GT335M will be seems to be the most important question.
With all luck, it has a 25W quad core too. =D

It's been a while since I was interested in buying something from Nvidia.

Status
Not open for further replies.