Info Aliexpress and Alibaba

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruanwagenaar27

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
Hi would like some info. Im deciding still if i want to buy a graphics card from aliexpress, alot of the prices looks like factory prices. Any comments or users who have experience with aliexpress and what company to look for if i want to buy a gpu from them?

Allso would like some info on buying from Alibaba have seen some of the prices are really cheap allmost too good too be true?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
Hi would like some info. Im deciding still if i want to buy a graphics card from aliexpress, alot of the prices looks like factory prices. Any comments or users who have experience with aliexpress and what company to look for if i want to buy a gpu from them?

Allso would like some info on buying from Alibaba have seen some of the prices are really cheap allmost too good too be true?
Where on the planet are you?
You have to be really really careful with the Ali world.

ruanwagenaar27

Honorable
Sep 5, 2017
Thanks alot for the info was just wondering and looking at prices for the rtx 2070 and 2080 models, have heard that alot of south african companys who sells pc components get it from oversee would like a company then on that side who would be cheaper than south africa to buy a card. if not have to swallow the bitter pill and pay up.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks alot for the info was just wondering and looking at prices for the rtx 2070 and 2080 models, have heard that alot of south african companys who sells pc components get it from oversee would like a company then on that side who would be cheaper than south africa to buy a card. if not have to swallow the bitter pill and pay up.
The "price" you see on Ali probably does not include whatever Customs fees and taxes apply.

My experience with Ali Express is positive in general -same as with any other web shop.
Prices are (of course) listed without tax and it's normal you need to pay import fees (in case price exceeds certain limit). Same is true, if I buy something in US and import in EU.
Anyway, I wouldn't look for PC components at Ali Express: not much choices, usually outdated components (meant more for asian market), or not really cheap.

...have heard that alot of south african companys who sells pc components...
Geez, between africa and asia you are just asking to be scammed. If you really have this type of money, then you have more money than 99% of the rest in these economies and are a full out target with a bullseye on your back. Tell one of your friends in the US or UK to buy one locally and ship it to you--much less chance of getting ripped off (which is nearly 100% when dealing with africa or asia if you're asking questions here).

Reactions: ruanwagenaar27
Status
Not open for further replies.