[SOLVED] Aliexpress wifi cards

WILLAX

Prominent
Aug 16, 2020
So I'm searching for a cheap dual band wifi card and found quite a few on aliexpress.
I would just like to know if there is a risk and if its worth taking?
The brands that i found: fenvi, sudag, derapid

Solution
Wifi cards are not expensive to manufacture. Wifi cards that work well and can handle a good amount of traffic at good speeds are a different story.

Personally, you'll need to look up the particular models you are looking for 'cheap' and see what they'll take. You'll be somewhat disappointed if you get a card that'll only handle 100Mb when a few $ more gets you 1000Mb. That's going to make a sizable difference to lag in games, downloads etc.

It's definitely a case of You get what you pay for.

RealBeast

Titan
Most of us have probably not heard of or used these brands.

If those are your choices, I would go to the manufacturer product support page for the models that interest you and see if they have recent drivers and other product support features.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Wifi cards are not expensive to manufacture. Wifi cards that work well and can handle a good amount of traffic at good speeds are a different story.

Personally, you'll need to look up the particular models you are looking for 'cheap' and see what they'll take. You'll be somewhat disappointed if you get a card that'll only handle 100Mb when a few $ more gets you 1000Mb. That's going to make a sizable difference to lag in games, downloads etc.

It's definitely a case of You get what you pay for.

Solution