Alignment Issue Monitor&TV

Nick_PC

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
Hello Forum!, I have a problem where i have a 21.5 inch monitor below my tv and my tv is a 40 inch Samsung 5201 series.. My main monitor(21.5) is perfect but my tv is a tad off where the desktop is, some icons are cut off and stuff.

Graphics Card Gigabyte Wind force gtx 660 OC

Solution
you should be able to go into the Nvidia control panel and tweak the scaling / aspect ratio stuff.

right click desktop
nvidia control panel
left side - display - adjust desktop size and position

and then poke around some more. try various checkboxes. unlikely to set anything on fire.
I found VGA quality to be lacking, and if your like me, and have 4K, HDMI isn't an option or if you want sound, you have to use HDMI. Kind of an answer that doesn't make sense.

Nothing that can't be fixed by the overscan settings in the control panel, that what it's there for. TV's tend to overscan a bit until you adjust them. Nothing weird about it.

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
in Win8.1 at least, even with overscan being fixed, Win tends to enlarge / resize some content windows as you drag them from a monitor to a TV, which some people may find annoying. at least it did that on my setup and i never found a way to stop it from doing so. other than using VGA connections.

HDMI handles 4k resolutions, btw.

Nick_PC

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
windowss 7

Nick_PC

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015

giantbucket

Dignified
BANNED
you should be able to go into the Nvidia control panel and tweak the scaling / aspect ratio stuff.

right click desktop
nvidia control panel
left side - display - adjust desktop size and position

and then poke around some more. try various checkboxes. unlikely to set anything on fire.

Solution