ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS

frica0

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
Dear friends of ASRock:

Since 10 years ago I have a PC with a ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard (BIOS P1.50). I am very happy with the MB but a week ago the PC don't boot. Monitor works in other PC. I did many tests (using other PSU, PCI graphic card, remove RAMs, clean RAMs and banks, clear CMOS, new battery, other processor, etc. ).

I need the squematic of the motheboard and the dump BIOS to program the PLCC32 EPROM chip with a programmer.

Thanks!!

frica0

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
I need other squematic very much complete with the position of all electronic components as capacitors, resistence, etc. and the identification of all this component with the volts in the circuits.

You will have a hard time finding that. Have you tried asking ASRock technical support?

frica0

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
Yes, I asked technical support by the web form in his web. No reponse until know.

But today, I have found the problem of my board. I reflowed the chip with the chipset with a home hair dryer during 5 minutes and the board boot onces. Then the next tries to boot were no success. I imagine that the solder of the chipset are bad.

Thanks for your help.

I do not think a hair dryer is hot enough. You need a proper heat gun, or just bake the motherboard in an oven.

frica0

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
Well My intention is not fix this solder problem (I know this solution don't last in time, at least I do reballing). My intention it was determined the cause of the problem. You likely are right to say that a hair dryer is not too hot. My motherboard has 10 years and a new motherboard that I saw, that is compatible with my processor and memory RAM DDR2 cost only 44 euros. I will buy this motherboard. I will keep my old motherboard becouse I can use the electronic components on board.

Thanks you.