Question All applications lag when I am on game but the game runs smooth

Jun 29, 2019
I have 2 monitors and watch youtube, or stream my game while playing, but when I am have the game open all the youtube / stream will lag.

I've tested and I don't think it is cpu or gpu

My specs are
GTX 1080
Intel i5
16g ram
500g ssd
2 1 terrabyte hard drives
Gigabyte B250M-D3H Motherboard

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Open one or the other and try gaming first without "watching" and then while "watching".

Leave the applicable window open and just drag the window to one side or the other on the monitor of your choice.

If you do not note any bottlenecks within your system then the problem may be bandwidth.

Do not jump to any immediate conclusions. Do several "tests"..... Look for some consistent, repeating issue.

Jun 29, 2019

Open one or the other and try gaming first without "watching" and then while "watching".

Leave the applicable window open and just drag the window to one side or the other on the monitor of your choice.

If you do not note any bottlenecks within your system then the problem may be bandwidth.

Do not jump to any immediate conclusions. Do several "tests"..... Look for some consistent, repeating issue.

Thanks i'll try it now

Jun 29, 2019

Ok so i haven't found anything consistent, It's very weird because I can run 2 - 4 games at once and my cpu never goes above 75%. Also my ping is 13ms, download speed is 100.62 and my upload speed is 20.61

Ralston18

Titan
What about memory, disk, network?

Disable any unnecessary apps in the background to free system resources.

How are the monitors connected? Ports and connections?

Video drivers up-to-date?

If not within your system then the lags may be bandwidth limits.