News All-Black, No RGB, & Lots of Heatsinks: MSI's MEG X570 Unify

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Agreed. I'm not yet at a point where I feel the need to upgrade, and I wouldn't need all the X570 features, but I like the subdued aesthetic.

Also, the first 16 or so seconds of this:

Johnpombrio

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
NEVER buy a mobo with a proprietary fan in it! Never! If that fan breaks, and I have had two fans on mobos do exactly that, you have to either kludge a fan to cool the board or throw the board away. MSI even brags that the fan embedded in the heatsink is "patented" so good luck buying a replacement fan somewhere. If you DO buy this mobo, immediately order two replacement fans for it from MSI as insurance (if that is even possible). Better yet, skip this board.

Last edited:

hannibal

Distinguished
Hardware unboxed was very impressed by this motherboard. Very good vrm. It did runs very cool. Good features, reasonable good heatsink without any stupid plastic covering it!

Dec 9, 2019
NEVER buy a mobo with a proprietary fan in it! Never! If that fan breaks, and I have had two fans on mobos do exactly that, you have to either kludge a fan to cool the board or throw the board away. MSI even brags that the fan embedded in the heatsink is "patented" so good luck buying a replacement fan somewhere. If you DO buy this mobo, immediately order two replacement fans for it from MSI as insurance (if that is even possible). Better yet, skip this board.

That goes for the whole x570 lineup then... and possibly all motherboards in the future with a PCI-E 4.0 support. Just got the Asrock Taichi with high chipset temps and a fan running at constant high rpm.

What is the estimated lifetime of a motherboard fan running at ~3000-6000 RPM constantly btw..?