I have been having this problem for many years. I'm not sure what causes it but it keeps reoccuring on different systems, build etc. It started again a few days ago. Every single file and folder on all 3 of my drives is set to read only and I can't change it. New games I install won't launch, torrents won't seed because they don't have permission and applications I already have installed crash.The work around I've used over the years is simply adding "take ownership" to the registry allowing me to forcibly remove the read online settings. However, I'd like to actually figure out the root of the problem and solve it.