Cpu: Ryzen 1600
Gpu: GTX 1060 6GB (asus dual fan)
Mobo: Msi B350 Tomahawk
Psu: Corsair cx550
HDD: WD blue 1TB
SSD: Kingston 120GB
Ram: 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance LPX black

Everything but the drives was purchased in late January 2018

Games like pubg, csgo, fortnite, skyrim and Dishonored 2 have been running amazingly, very comparably to similar systems build on youtube videos. A couple of days ago it started. Suddenly nothing works, everything crashes after loading into a save, or a multiplayer match depending on the game. Sometimes the game will play for a couple of minutes then crash. There is almost never an error message, only "Send crash report to the developer" kind of messages after crash.

Windows and basic applications like chrome, discord and spotify work flawlessly as always.
Photoshop seems to have slightly more stutter.

I have tried:

• Installing old drivers for the gpu (2 different ones and also reinstalling most current one a couple of times even using guru3D driver uninstaller)

Keeping all drivers up to date

Doing tests using rivatuner and msi afterburner, I measured thermals and usage of ram, gpu, cpu and Vram. everything seemed to be as usual in the 2 minutes of pubg I got to play before crash, same with csgo that lasted maybe 10 minutes at my best run

Using only one of the ram sticks at a time in csgo (I'm sure I used the correct slot)

Took out the motherboard battery for a few minutes then put it back in and also turned bios back to default state

What is causing my games to crash?

(EDIT) Chrome just displayed a message saying "Not enough memory to open this page" but I have already tested ram, unless both sticks are bad? idk...
(EDIT 2) Vrchat crashed and save this to the error log folder ;

"Unity Player [version: Unity 5.6.3p1_9c92e827232b]

VRChat.exe caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module VRChat.exe at 0033:58e1a26d.

Error occurred at 2018-03-27_151906.
G:\Steam G\steamapps\common\VRChat\VRChat.exe, run by Blaxie.
83% memory in use.
8145 MB physical memory [1363 MB free].
34575 MB paging file [168 MB free].
134217728 MB user address space [134170139 MB free].
Write to location 00000000 caused an access violation."

More lines followed but this is the most important bit I think

Solution
FIX:
Windows update was bugged and was constantly doing stuff in the background. I fixed the problem by manually downloading the latest windows update from the microsoft update catalog. Then I checked for updates using windows update to make sure it's the latest one which it was. All games run same as before the problem.

piotor98

Honorable
Apr 25, 2018
FIX:
Windows update was bugged and was constantly doing stuff in the background. I fixed the problem by manually downloading the latest windows update from the microsoft update catalog. Then I checked for updates using windows update to make sure it's the latest one which it was. All games run same as before the problem.

Solution