[SOLVED] All games crash to the desktop

Nov 16, 2019
Any game that I play if anything that is remotely challenging at all will crash the game. It can happen within the first minute or after 30. I have no idea what is making this happen but its really annoying. I have recently bought a new Graphics card but it was happening before the upgrade as well. They rarely give me any error message at all, Just closes to desktop.
Other programs work fine.

I have: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4kwBPn

Ryzen 5 2600 (stock cooler)
ASRock B450 PRO4
16GB 3000 RAM (2x 8gb sticks)
Gigabyte RTX 2070
Corsair CXM 550 W

No overclocking

Last edited:
Solution
How old is the PSU?

Has the computer ever been opened up for cleaning and maintenance? E.g. reseating all cards, components, RAM, jumpers, etc..

How full is/are the drive(s)?

Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the crashes.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while letting the computer idle, then while doing light work, browsing, etc.. Lastly while gaming. Look for some resource bottleneck or other problem that develops and leads to the crash.

Ralston18

Titan
How old is the PSU?

Has the computer ever been opened up for cleaning and maintenance? E.g. reseating all cards, components, RAM, jumpers, etc..

How full is/are the drive(s)?

Look in Reliability History for error codes and warnings that correspond with the crashes.

Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance. First while letting the computer idle, then while doing light work, browsing, etc.. Lastly while gaming. Look for some resource bottleneck or other problem that develops and leads to the crash.

Solution