All games crashing with either error 0xc0000005 or 0x80000001

Aug 7, 2023
Hello,

Until around April, my PC was running fine, with no issues whatsoever, but since I installed an Windows update around that time (I can't remember which one because I reinstalled Windows several times) all my games started crashing with errors 0xc0000005 and 0x80000001. I tried every possible solution I could find on the internet, I benchmarked every piece of hardware I have independently and I found no issues. I only encounter the crashes when trying to play games (any game) and when trying to update my AMD Drivers (the installer crashes as well with the same error, several times). Would there be any possibility you could help me with a solution I might not have found?

If required I can also send msinfo, error screenshots or any other files that might help.

Thank you.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition (original to build, new, refurbished, used)?

History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

Disk drive(s): make, model, capacity, how full?

= = = =

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all cards, connectors, RAM, jumpers, and case connections are fully and firmly in place.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect for signs of damage.

Aug 7, 2023
Hello Ralston. Thank you for the reply. The specs are the following:

Motherboard: MSI B550 A-PRO
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x3D
GPU: AMD RX 6650 XT
RAM: 4x8GB Kingston Fury 3600 MhZ CL 17 / XMP enabled at 3600 MhZ / Ran Memtest86 on them - no issues detected)
SSD 1: Samsung 980 1 TB (314 GB left out of 931 GB)
SSD 2: Kingston NV2 500 GB (169 GB left out of 321GB / Windows is installed on it / Page file set on Drive C - Min: 16384 and Max: 32768)
PSU: Corsair CV650 80+ Bronze

All components were bought new and are one year old.

No bit-mining or video editing done on the PC. Only gaming and I can't say it was ever heavy use. Only casual gaming.

Moreover, I removed all components and plugged them back in so all of the are firmly in place. Also removed, repasted and placed back the CPU and added a new cooler (Corsair iCUE H60i) but the problem existed before changing it.

No visible signs of damage on any components.

Cleaned out the dust roughly 1.5 weeks ago.

Last edited: