Question All games Lag

33x

Jan 26, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, hope you are all having a nice day. Now, my problem is, I'm getting lag in all games, stutters, sound gets choppy and the games lag, stuff like that, for God knows what reason. I already tried re-installing system, didn't work. I'm thinking it's my HDD, failing to load textures, but if that's the case, why would older games lag as well? DirectX is installed, VisualC++ as well (all versions), GPU driver is up to date.

Here are my specs: https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/2133x/Untitled.png?width=450&height=278&crop=fill

33x

Jan 26, 2022
old spec. low end. only 4gb ram. still using hdd.
True, but I doubt Manhunt 2, GTA San Andreas, older games like that, should lag, or have stutters. Besides, I am getting 60fps in all of these games, but they get choppy on sudden sounds or when entering a new area.

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site, hope you are all having a nice day. Now, my problem is, I'm getting lag in all games, stutters, sound gets choppy and the games lag, stuff like that, for God knows what reason. I already tried re-installing system, didn't work. I'm thinking it's my HDD, failing to load textures, but if that's the case, why would older games lag as well? DirectX is installed, VisualC++ as well (all versions), GPU driver is up to date.

Here are my specs: https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/2133x/Untitled.png?width=450&height=278&crop=fill
Choppy sound to me would suggest a CPU bottleneck. I would check your CPU usage. Also I'd highly recommend getting a very cheap SSD and cloning your Windows install to it and using the HDD for your games.

33x

Jan 26, 2022
Choppy sound to me would suggest a CPU bottleneck. I would check your CPU usage. Also I'd highly recommend getting a very cheap SSD and cloning your Windows install to it and using the HDD for your games.
So I was looking to buy a budget PC today. Here are the specs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 to 3.6GHz
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz
GPU: GTX 1050TI 4GB DDR5
HDD: 480GB SSD
PSU: 500W

Would this do the job?

So I was looking to buy a budget PC today. Here are the specs.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 3.2 to 3.6GHz
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME A320M-K
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2666MHz
GPU: GTX 1050TI 4GB DDR5
HDD: 480GB SSD
PSU: 500W

Would this do the job?
So that's a vast improvement over what you have. However your system should be able to play GTA San Andreas and Man Hunt 2 just fine. My thought was that you may have other things running that might be slowing the game down.

The hard drive could also be the culprit if it only causes you a problem when your moving into a new area.

33x

Jan 26, 2022
So that's a vast improvement over what you have. However your system should be able to play GTA San Andreas and Man Hunt 2 just fine. My thought was that you may have other things running that might be slowing the game down.

The hard drive could also be the culprit if it only causes you a problem when your moving into a new area.
Already checked the background tasks, nothing there that could cause lag. I could record an example of my issue to you and post it. Is there any free recording software you know of?

What's CPU usage like before you load the game and after? The CPU may not be your issue, it's just on occasion in the past I've noticed in game sound crackle when the CPU has been loaded to 100%. This however was on a system with plenty of RAM and a fast SSD. Under normal circumstances I would expect an Athlon X4 to run those games.

In terms of recording software, OBS studio can be used to record stuff though not sure on best way to post it. You would need to keep video settings quite low though otherwise it will use all the CPU, 720p for example.

Oh I didn't think to ask, what resolution are you playing at?

TRENDING THREADS