All games lagging after changing to more powerfull graphic card?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

srdaro

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015
So i have an HP desktop PC,mid 2013,2014,so i have sen that there is no external Graphic Card,only the internal one,the internal one is a Intel HD 4600 series,i was running all games well on medium,games like skyrim etc,than i decided to upgrade the graphic card and u did,my new graphic card is a ATI RAEDON HD 4560,wich is way more powerful,so i installed the latest drivers,Catalyst center and indeed the new graphic card runs games better,but it really lags,the games stcuks every 5 seconds ,i am really pissed off,if somebody could help me it would we reallyyy great.. :((((
PC Specs:
Intel i5 QuadCore CPU 3.0GHZ
4GB RAM
Previous GraphicCard - Intel HD 4600
New GraphicCard ATI Raedon HD 4560

Solution
The solution is to remove that card the 4560 because its not even on par with the 4600 of the intel chip return it and get a better card like mention.

srdaro

Reputable
Jan 13, 2015

If thats correct that would be great,cause i already spent a total of 550$ in this PC,so if i upgrade it would be a total of 950$ and that is a lot of money for me,in terms of medium gaming

Well its nice to see 2 new cards are coming out but the question is when ?????? Untill you don't see them for sale you cant buy em...
So on paper they do look good but Have to wait to see in real life what they will do. Remember AMD the bulldozer Cpu hype that wasn't all that.

Justin Millard

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Well the GTX 960 comes out before the end of this month, uses nearly 150w less power than R9 280X at full load, and should be around the same performance. So its not long to go until you have confirmation of its specs and can buy it.
Also it will run all games I coming out this year on medium settings. Which I think is what srdaro wants so thats a lot of ticks.

Still, keep me honest johnnyb. If you see something better let us know.

Spartan3Crusher

Reputable
Nov 30, 2014
Justin like that may be true i just don't trust AMD at all. All my experinces with them have sucked. They run hotter then Intel or Nvidia and even if they are faster your performance wont matter if it kills itself by over heating like my last AMD product did. Thats why i went Intel and Nvidia and i haven't regreted it since.

You must have bad luck then. I had a radeon 7850 for over a year and no issues. I just bought a used 7950 as a cheapie upgrade and so far no issues on it either. Both ran/run in the 60's for high temps. No major issues and they do what I want them to do which is game.

As far as my FX 8120 and all my other chips, put a decent cooler with them and they are happy. Got my FX 8120 at 4.2ghz with slight voltage bump, stable as can be under a cooler master v6 gt.

I never had a problem with heat with AMD CPU OR GPU I have a older 6100 overclocked to 4.4 GHZ and temps never go past 30c Now on the otherhand I have a brand new Intel 4690k Haswell and my temps are peaking at 33 c at Idle with no overclock? Both are using a 212 HYPER from cooler master with dual fans and push pull method so I wouldn't say Intel has the coolest chip on the block now it depends on set up cooling and thermal paste .A lot of folks use the standard Heatsinks and the temps suck with Both Intel and AMD while using them.
Again The 960 isn't here yet so He cant upgrade to that Gpu till its here. To be honest lol....

Wow I cant belive your finding it hard?? I wouldn't post something not to be true by my understanding .. I am here to learn and share my experience with others here that need help. Sorry its not something you can belive but I don't have to provide any proof to the fact . But yes at idle it never go,s above 30c .....

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

dang the lowest any of my cpus get at idle is around the 30-33c mark with either air or liquid, my 4670 at 4.4ghz idles at 33c on liquid and 40-41c under load

Justin Millard

Reputable
Nov 22, 2014
Yeah, I understand that mate.