[SOLVED] All games/software I launch run at 5 fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
I have a MSI laptop (i7 6700k, 16GB RAM, GTX 970, 500GB NVMe SSD and 1TB HDD) that used to run decently all year.
However I made a clean windows install, and since then, when I run simulators (Like DJI Drone simulator) or games like Warzone, they run at literally 6 fps, as if it was locked. Even apps such as MS Office felt laggy when using, got to fix this by disabling GPU acceleration, but I really wanted to know why is this happening, even after doing another clean install, still happens.
Thanks.

Solution
Also install other drivers for your laptop from product page, and install the drivers for your GPU from Nvidia's website. If the problem still persists, use MSI Afterburner's on-screen display to see the usage of CPU and both GPUs (integrated and dedicated).
Also install other drivers for your laptop from product page, and install the drivers for your GPU from Nvidia's website. If the problem still persists, use MSI Afterburner's on-screen display to see the usage of CPU and both GPUs (integrated and dedicated).

Solution

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
Got it to work, I already had Nvidia's drivers installed, yet decided to download all applicable drivers and clean reinstalled nvidia experience and drivers. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.