All Hail the X850XTPE!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kaotao

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2006
Very nice. You bought that X850pro around the same time I bought my X800XL (ATI Clearance). Been thinking about getting the X1950pro, but am waiting for the R600.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
O I thought it maybe a little to much for that card anyway based on specs, but I never played never winter nights or owned that graphics card so I thought maybe it could.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
will there ever be a card like the X850XTPE?
Sure...there's been plenty.

The X8xx series cannot even play some of today's modern games, due to it's hardware limitations, and the games that it can play(that are modern), it plays like ass. It's too slow.

You fags can make twenty threads a day about this card, but age has made this card a fuking turd, like all other graphics cards past their prime.

Upgrade or STFU n00bs.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Sounds like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I know it's a stupid thread but hey pointless things are fun and get your post count up.

And this card can play all of todays games sure maybe not on ultra high reses but it still can play them decently.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Sounds like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Actually I didnt.

My opinion is just like any other opinion....taken by itself it should mean very little, unless a multiple of others agree. I happen to think that all of the X8xx series cards are washed up has-beens....and I know I'm right about it. There are enough X8xx series owners here to retort my opinion, and make me look stupid......but I'm still right in the end.

X8xx series cards have a limited amount of shader output(pixel/vertex/etc.), their core and memory speeds are slower, and they don't support sm 3.0

In other words...they suck.....especially since a nice ps 3.0 card can be had for around $150 bucks these days.

Holding onto a card that you believe is good is normal, but allow me to be one of the first to tell you that your card sucks.

kthx.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I know it's not the greatest cards but it is still a very decent card. And as soon as I get the cash and some midrange DX10 card comes out this ones going to the trash or someone less fortunate.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
I know it's a stupid thread but hey pointless things are fun and get your post count up.
What a stupid thing to say. Postcount means nothing here...My 5K postcount has been had by people that have ben here only 6 months(look for the user "Wusy") for an example......I've been here for four years.

Respect no one because of their postcount.

architecture1

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2007
I know it's a stupid thread but hey pointless things are fun and get your post count up.
What a stupid thing to say. Postcount means nothing here...My 5K postcount has been had by people that have ben here only 6 months(look for the user "Wusy") for an example......I've been here for four years.

(architecture1 stumbles into the room) So is this the posting quantity means everything thread? I hope I didn't miss it, I know how important the number of posts is!

G

GeneticWeapon said:
You fags can make twenty threads a day about this card, but age has made this card a fuking turd, like all other graphics cards past their prime.
Upgrade or STFU n00bs.

Wow a little harsh, no one is calling you names.

Magnificent

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2006
I still love my old X800XL had to sell the system then i bought a friends pc and got put back to a X700-non pro(OMFG piece) and then i bought my 7900gs-non ko to upgrade the 700 and it is pretty sweet but i still love my old X800XL and on top of that my X800XL was agp hahaha i would like to see how much better the pci-e version was

Bloated

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2006
I happen to think that all of the X8xx series cards are washed up has-beens....and I know I'm right about it. There are enough X8xx series owners here to retort my opinion, and make me look stupid......but I'm still right in the end.X8xx series cards have a limited amount of shader output(pixel/vertex/etc.), their core and memory speeds are slower, and they don't support sm 3.0In other words...they suck.....especially since a nice ps 3.0 card can be had for around $150 bucks these days.Holding onto a card that you believe is good is normal, but allow me to be one of the first to tell you that your card sucks.
comparing a 3 year old video card to todays video cards is kinda stupid to be honest and wasn't the intent of the thread.......... how did the X8xx series compare to the 6xxx series in the end?....... at the time X8xx didn't have SM 3.0 yet X8xx's outperformed 6xxx's in the long run save for Doom III which blew chunks badly anyway and received far better support over the lifetime of the product currently still receiving performance optimisations that have long since ended on the 6xxx's.

given this thread is for ppl who have X8xx's how can you get any better video card for free?

2nd part: comparing X8xx to 6xxx sm 3.0 support didn't save it in any modern games.... unplayable X8xx games on the 6xxx are equally unplayable although they will launch and then be unplayable if that matters.

3rd point: your opinion in this regard was never requested your conditions of support absurd and worthless additionally your only answer is for current card owners to spend more coin to play a lonely 1 or 2 video games that aren't supported on the X8xx's...... yet ignoring that support may arrive in patch form later as updates to Unreal 3's engine become available.

4th point: "My opinion is just like any other opinion....taken by itself it should mean very little" it doese and in this thread it's ill concieved actually quite childish and stupid but take heart you are right newer video cards are better than older X800's :lol: if that makes you feel all smart and wise inside then all hail the self proclaimed brainiac. :wink:
You fags can make twenty threads a day about this cardWow a little harsh, no one is calling you names.There are enough X8xx series owners here to retort my opinion, and make me look stupid
children must behave like children lest ppl mistakenly believe them wise and informed instead of foolish and immature and finally no one made you look stupid you did it all yourself child.

celewign

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
How rude.
In other words...they suck.....especially since a nice ps 3.0 card can be had for around $150 bucks these days.

Maybe I don't have $150 to throw away on a video card. Look out for the poor people. :p
-cm

Parge

Distinguished
May 20, 2006
thecompukid said:
Upgrade or STFU n00bs.

Wow a little harsh, no one is calling you names.

Actually my X800XTPE plays company of heroes very nicely thankyouverymuch, we can't all afford to spend $$$ on a new graphics card everytime one comes out, and are pleased when we buy one that lasts us a good few years.

babybudha

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2006
The ATI x850 xt PE AGP has kept my AGP system alive. It has been a decent card for a long time for AGP users till now with the x1950 pro. I won't upgrade to it. I'll wait a year more for quad cores to become available at decent prices, and Vista to work out it kinks. Vista should also drive the market for higher end cards......making them produce more high end cards.......therefore hopefully lowering their prices.

ImmortalZ

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2003

Unlike you, wusy's post has real content. And he doesn't lash out at people without reason.

X800XT user here. I went to buy two 6800GTs for SLI, but the store ended up not having them and it was buy it or no new video card for two years moment for me. So I bought it. I don't regret it.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Just for the record, the x1900GT and x850XT PE at stock speeds perform similarly! The main thing the 850 lacks is SM3.0....

I have seen many x850s hitting 10k plus in 3DMark05.

Don't bad mouth the x850!

G

Could I get a few replies stating what your x800's are running temp. wise at stock speeds.

Also let em know if you have a stock or after market fan

Thanks

I'm running at around 42 while just surfing the net etc... No 3D gaming while at stock speeds with the Zalman 700