All my dreamspark activation keys are invalid.

XplisitGamer420

Reputable
Feb 21, 2016
I was given windows 95,98,XP,Vista,7,8,and servers 2008r2 and 2012 from itt tech dreamspark. The college went bankrupt and about a year later I needed to reformat but now no matter which version I try to activate they all say invalid and even when Microsoft force activates them I can't download service packs . Microsoft says I have a multi user key which is correct but why won't it activate without them forcing it and why do they tell me it's Enterprise edition even though the iso says it's prox64? (Sorry about grammar and punctuation I'm on a phone.)

Solution
Dreamspark keys are supposed to only be used as long as you're attending the school you got them from. In practice, this is rarely enforced, but I expect they made an exception here.

XplisitGamer420

Reputable
Feb 21, 2016
Thanks, this helps. BTW I didn't learn anything at itt that I couldn't learn myself by a few Google searches so basically the associates degree I got was to have something to show to future employers, the software was enough to rationalize the amount of money spent on college, so really what you are saying is that I spent 45,000 on disappearing software and a few books. This is why when people tell me to further my education I say no thanks, Google's free.

USAFRet

Titan

More education is GOOD.
ITT Tech, not so good. There is a reason they are now bankrupt.

Story for you:
During the late 90's...anyone who knew what HTML stood for could mostly get a job in IT.
My neighbors brother in law started at ITT T.
Dude did not own a PC, had never really used one, had not clue One.
"I'm guaranteed $85,000 when I graduate!!"
(no you're not, fool) Local starting salary was ~$35,000 at the time.
6 months after graduation, he was back at temp construction jobs.

That school's product was not education, but rather selling you school financing, backup up by govt loans.