All Of Intel's Kaby Lake CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
hmm... while looking at i7-7700HQ and i5-7440HQ, the only difference is in Base/Max. Graphics Freq (MHz), right? So if I am right, why different naming i7 and i5!

Also I am not expert in Intel CPUs, these CPUs for Desktops right?

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015

Oh yea, my apologies. I've been working with numbers since early morning to a point couldnt see 4/8 and 4/4.

Thanks for correcting me!

TeslaMaxwell

Commendable
Nov 29, 2016
intel is asking a lot for these mobile chips. and that is reflecting on the laptop prices.
i get that the 45w quad core i-series cost 300/400$(which is still expensive). but the prices on the 15w dual core chips are nuts. we really need competition from amd and qualcomm in the laptops market.

kletkeman

Commendable
Jun 22, 2016
I have a fairly cheap Skylake 2-in-1 Inspiron 13 ... nothing I see here makes me want to upgrade yet. Can't wait though, to see if Zen might help to bring these prices down by the end of this year.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

I don't know how much the listed CPU price is really reflected in the price of the finished laptop. E.g. you can get a new laptop with an i5-6200U for ~$400 despite the fact that the CPU itself ostensibly costs nearly $300.

InvalidError

Titan
The ticket price to get into the i5 game keeps going up and up and up.

I hope AMD actually delivers and does not nuke Ryzen's chances of success by being Intel-greedy like it initially did with the FX9xxx.

lhsbrandon

Reputable
Feb 2, 2016
The Kaby Lake I am most interested in is the Pentium G4620 with 4 threads and a sub $100 price this could be a major game changer for low cost builds.

bloodroses

Distinguished

I'm thinking the i3-7350K will be the hot low cost chip from that generation since it's unlocked. It doesn't look like they're going to to do the same with the Pentium like they did on Haswell.

But yeah, they're continuing to blur the lines with what is defined as a Pentium/i3/i5/i7 by adding hyperthreading on some Pentiums.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Idk, looks like a poor value novelty to me. Allow me to quote myself:

InvalidError

Titan

That line was already pretty blurry between the desktop, laptop and low-power variants.

I hope the rumors of 8C16T Ryzen being available for ~$500 turn out to be true. That would give Intel a much needed kick in the pricing brackets.

MrWu

Commendable
Dec 15, 2016
On what Q series are Buissnes???
No ECC, only 2 Chanel DDR, not enough PCI line. Just because they support useless RAID? Really?

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador

Q series support Intel Active Management, Trusted Execution, and vPro. I don't pretend to know what exactly that entails, but I guess they're the kind of things Intel thinks businesses might want in their machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.