All of MSIs FM2 Motherboards Will Support Richland APUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2013
The thing is that I should download the new BIOS with other computer and make the update from the BIOS menu using, for example, an USB stick. Right?

Oh, also I heard that A10-6800k will support 2400Mhz memory without any overclock. This applies to every Richland-Upgraded motherboard?
Because, at the moment any MoBo I see shows that 2400Mhz 'native' support...

I'm quite confused with those new Richland APU...

May 17, 2013

Same here, I mainly play Dota2 at this moment and A10-6800k seems to be the best CPU out there for this task. Also still Quad-Core and will handle nicely Darktables, Gimp, Rawtherapee and those photography software out there. :)

I've read about a dozen technical reviews of the new Richland APU's. Based on those reviews, it seems like waiting for the new Kaveri APU might be a better deal. They will be released later this year.

The downside is that the Kaveri APU will require the purchase of a new motherboard. The socket is different.

HTDuro

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2007
personally i got a 5800K with a vertex 3 ssd and 32GB of ram, its my pc to work my concert/event pics and i love it. fast quad core and despite what benchmark say its plenty enough to work in photoshop .. ok i can have a new I7 cpu but cost 3 time the price. ppl read too much benchmark. day to day, this cpu/apu is perfect. ok sometime i need more horsepower to run a game. this is why ill wait for kaveri and skip the 6800k .. not a big difference between both gen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS