Question All of my fans expect for my cpu fan are inactive

Dec 22, 2019
Today all of the fans on my case just shut off , the only one running when my computer is turned on is the cpu fan. I don't know much about computers so i'm kind of lost here.

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC, Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 6GB, 8GB DDR4, 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, WiFi Ready & Win 10 Home (GXiVR8060A8, Black)
This is the one that I purchased from Amazon, the day it arrived I also upgraded to 16gb of ram.

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Provide as much information as possible.

For the most part one possible cause is a failed/failing PSU (Power Supply Unit).

However, it could also be just a loose cable connection.

Do you have a knowledgeable family member or friend who can help you open the computer case?

Start by verifying that all cables, cards, jumpers, RAM etc. are fully and firmly in place.

Dec 22, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Provide as much information as possible.

For the most part one possible cause is a failed/failing PSU (Power Supply Unit).

However, it could also be just a loose cable connection.

Do you have a knowledgeable family member or friend who can help you open the computer case?

Start by verifying that all cables, cards, jumpers, RAM etc. are fully and firmly in place.
I can open the case and by looking inside , everything looks fine. My guess is the power supply as I have heard multiple people say cyberpowerpc uses cheap power supplies.

Ralston18

Titan
If you are comfortable doing so you need to go beyond "looking inside".

Things may look good but indeed may not be....

Shutdown and unplug the computer. Touch some other metal surface to ground yourself to discharge any static electricity.

Then gently but firmly push, wiggle, and otherwise work to reseat all connections, cards, RAM, etc..

Due to heating and cooling the connections expand, contract, and work themselves a bit loose over time. New build connections and seatings can feel fully seated but not be.

Use a bright flashlight to inspect - what seems fully in place may not be.

If you are not comfortable doing the above on your own then find a knowledgeable family member or friend to help.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
That pc comes with ARGB fans. Many ppl don't exactly go into specifics or get terminology incorrect, so when you say the 'fans on your case just shut off', my question is what?

Does the fan spin but not light up? Does the light work but fan not spin? Is neither working? Did you push the lighting/fan button on the case?

Instantly jumping to the suspicious psu is not healthy. That pc was shipped. You assume it was done nicely, with a smile and uber care taken with a package labeled Fragile. What are the chances it was banged around, or the delivery truck hit a pot-hole etc. What are the chances that the fan controller hub/lighting hub has gotten disconnected or power to the switch on the top of the case fell off.

Unplug power from the wall, open the side of the pc, go take a look. Take a smell. It's a new pc so will have a 'break-in' smell, but shouldn't be that of burnt plastic or electronics.