Question All of my games are crashing periodically + weird microstuttering in ALL applications

Wiggly24

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
I keep on having weird microstutters with a buzzing sound in all applications maybe every 30 min - 1 hr. In addition to this, most of my games are suffering strange crashes, which seem to be "application related". I had recently upgraded my ram from 1 x 16 gb stick of G-Skill 3200mhz to 2 x 8 gb of G-Skill Trident-Z RGB. However, I had those microstutters before I upgraded the ram.

I have already tried the following:

1. Reinstalling windows
  2. Checking the temperatures of my system
  3. Running mdsched.exe
  4. Running sfc /scannow on cmd

I also had 2 BSODs, which happened while playing GTA V and Valorant, which stated something along the lines of "page fault in nonpaged area" and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says What failed:dxgmms2.sys

Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600 AF
MSI A320M-A- PRO MAX
2 x 8 Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo RGB
EVGA 500 W PSU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (Zotac Variant)

Wiggly24

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Did some research on "page fault in nonpaged area". It's either driver conflict or faulty ram, and since you just upgraded your ram, it could be that.
Ok, I will try to install my old ram and see if that will increase my system stability. Still, it doesnt explain my microstutters.

ironstem

Reputable
Aug 15, 2020
Ok, I will try to install my old ram and see if that will increase my system stability. Still, it doesnt explain my microstutters.
I know, I know. I'm just thinking it would be best to make sure there's nothing wrong with the ram you just bought. Plus, ram can cause micro stuttering from unstable voltages and timings, which I don't know much about. I'd suggest doing a memory test.

Wiggly24

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
I know, I know. I'm just thinking it would be best to make sure there's nothing wrong with the ram you just bought. Plus, ram can cause micro stuttering from unstable voltages and timings, which I don't know much about. I'd suggest doing a memory test.
Can you please specify on how to conduct a memory test? Also thanks for helping btw

artk2219

Distinguished
I keep on having weird microstutters with a buzzing sound in all applications maybe every 30 min - 1 hr. In addition to this, most of my games are suffering strange crashes, which seem to be "application related". I had recently upgraded my ram from 1 x 16 gb stick of G-Skill 3200mhz to 2 x 8 gb of G-Skill Trident-Z RGB. However, I had those microstutters before I upgraded the ram.

I have already tried the following:

1. Reinstalling windows
  2. Checking the temperatures of my system
  3. Running mdsched.exe
  4. Running sfc /scannow on cmd
I also had 2 BSODs, which happened while playing GTA V and Valorant, which stated something along the lines of "page fault in nonpaged area" and DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and it says What failed:dxgmms2.sys

Specs:

Ryzen 5 1600 AF
MSI A320M-A- PRO MAX
2 x 8 Gb G-Skill Trident Z Neo RGB
EVGA 500 W PSU
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (Zotac Variant)

If you havent done a bios update, do one, first gen ryzen chips and boards were \ are notoriously picky about what ram they'll use, I would put in the old sticks, update the bios, reinsert the new ones, make sure theyre set to the right speed, and then do a memtest on them.

RifatAhmed

Reputable
Feb 12, 2017
Also wanted to state that my old ram was 3200mhz and my new ram is 3600mhz
Your MB "MSI A320M-A- PRO MAX" can support up to 3200MHz of ram so it would be better if you change the new ones (3600MHZ) you got with 3200MHz ones (if possible) as there's always some stability issues and you're not getting any benefit from it either and also paying more

Wiggly24

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
My GPU usage is always at 30% usage in GTA V and I am getting around 70-90 fps in Story Mode and 40-70 fps in online. I have MSAA off and FXAA On with most settings at Very High. Is this normal or is it bad? I feel like I should be getting more fps. I am just finding the gpu usage levels odd since my friends are playing on similar settings and different gpus but are using 70%+ of their gpu.

Specs:
Ryzen 5 1600 AF
Zotac RTX 2060
500W EVGA PSU
MSI A320M-PRO-MAX
16 GB Trident Z Neo RGB @ 3200 Mhz

Wiggly24

Prominent
Dec 28, 2020
Cpu usage is at about 20-40% and the ram is in dual channel. I dont know what exactly you mean by "upgrade build" but I did upgrade this PC from a Ryzen 3 1200 and RX 580 while keeping the same mobo. I also recently got dual channel ram and I did enable XMP