Question All RAM sticks dead after BSOD?

boriss911

Commendable
Nov 1, 2019
Hey, so i finished setting up my old pc yesterday.

Specs :
Maximus V Gene
I7-3770k 4.6Ghz
2400 mhz dominator 4x4
Cx500
OS - win 10

I7-3770k 4.6Ggz , Maximus V Gene , 2400 mhz dominator 4x4gb and 1080 gigabyte. But today i ran into problems. After applying OC to GPU in nicehash my pc got BSOD and didnt post again. I literally tried everything and found out that those dominator sticks was not letting my pc to post. I tried them in another system - same story. But the thing is that after i change ram to my old one 1333mhz i get an error message before post - Overclocking failed. So i think that my mobo recognizes dominator ram as vengeance and doesnt let it post the pc , since 2400 is too high for vengeance ram? Btw i tried every stick and pc behaves the same , q code is jumping around and pc doesnt post. Are all 4 sticks dead or is it a way to fix them? X.M.P was applied so they ran at 1.65V and 2400Mhz while pc crashed.

Last edited:

boriss911

Commendable
Nov 1, 2019
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

My thought is that the PSU may have failed in some manner. No power or unstable power to RAM.

I tried another PSU , same behaviour with that ram . Psu is a cx500 from corsair. I know that 500w is on the edge in theory but should work in practice ? Runned witcher in some hours without problems. And the thing is that i get another q - code if i dont install ram at all , so it kinda recognizes it? And since i am getting that oc message before POST.

Last edited: