[SOLVED] All screens go black, PC still running

Oct 28, 2018
Hi,
I have a problem with me Gaming rig, sometimes my three screens just loose their signal and don't get it back. The PC keeps running, because if I was watching a video, I can still hear the audio, but I the screens won't show anything. When it happens, audio cuts out for a second, but comes back instantaneous.
This started happening after I reinstalled my PC and put in a new 1080 ti. I could not say that I was monitoring the temp all the time, but I have never seen it over 71° and also the CPU whilst Gaming and under load over 73°
I have a 850watt power supply which should be enough since zotac recommends a 650
If anyone has a idea what could be the reason for me monitores to loose the signal to the PC, pleas help.
Also I use 3 different connectors, one display port, one dva and one hdmi
Also, also when I restart the computer all screens work fine

Solution
Post your full system specs.

Zotac's 650 watt recommendation may be based on some other "average" or "typical" PC hardware configuration.

Go online and find two or three online power calculators to total up the wattage requirements for all of your system components.

Add 40% to that total. What total do you get?

Ralston18

Titan
Post your full system specs.

Zotac's 650 watt recommendation may be based on some other "average" or "typical" PC hardware configuration.

Go online and find two or three online power calculators to total up the wattage requirements for all of your system components.

Add 40% to that total. What total do you get?

Solution
Oct 28, 2018
OK, i feel extremely stupid right now. I did the calculations and they said I needed a 550 watt power supply, so with 850 I should be fine.
Then I realized how hot the supply was and removed the dust cover on the bottom of the case an low and behold, it was totally clogged.
Clogged to the point that the fans could get now air into the power supply to cool it. It simply overheated all the time.
So cleaning the dust fixed my issues completely ;:D