[SOLVED] All videos played intermitently becomes pixelated and grey'd out

Jan 4, 2019
Hi guys! Opted to sign up to Tom's since I could not find a solution to my problem, hoping you guys could help. I recently switched from an HDD to an SSD and did a fresh install of windows 10. My problem now is all videos that I play are either intermittently pixelating or up to half of the video is grey'd out. It becomes even worse when editing in Premiere Pro.

Normally, it looks like this
Wxvpg7a.jpg

but almost in every other frame it looks like this
ygaaRu1.jpg

My system:
i7 6500U / 8gb RAM / 240g SSD / NVIDIA 9400M / Intel Graphics 520
Installed K-lite mega codec

What I have done so far based on what I have read from the internet:
- uninstall and reinstall graphic drivers
- uninstalled k-lite codecs
- reinstalled k-lite codecs

Appreciate any help you can give. TIA!

Solution
Found the problem, just in case someone else encounters the same. Apparently there was something wrong with the HDD enclosure that I used (WD) which was using USB 2.0. I don't know if that is the real reason but when I mounted the HDD on a caddy with a SATA connection, everything works well again. FYI.

acecreator26

Commendable
Mar 9, 2018
When your watching these videos are they being played from an app or website like Youtube or are the videos you are playing stored right on your ssd? Is it just watching videos or is it gaming as well? Please provide some clarification to help myself and others provide an accurate solution. :wahoo:

Jan 4, 2019
I play videos right off the ssd and this happens in Microsoft TV and movies, Media Player Classic, Adobe Premiere Pro and even VLC. Online videos play just fine. Not sure about the gaming part as I don't have games installed, well, aside from those that went with the OS.

Jan 4, 2019
Found the problem, just in case someone else encounters the same. Apparently there was something wrong with the HDD enclosure that I used (WD) which was using USB 2.0. I don't know if that is the real reason but when I mounted the HDD on a caddy with a SATA connection, everything works well again. FYI.

Solution