Alleged iPhone 5 Video Reveals Longer, Stronger Screen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Apple stopped innovating some time ago. Now they just change the shape of an existing product. Or add something every on already had and call it new. EX iPad mini.

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
How are Android phone different or innovative when each new model so far has just been a slight change in shape, screen size and a .1 GHz speed bump? All minor refreshes at best yet hailed as the greatest phone ever for a week or two until they bump it from 1.4GHz to 1.5GHz and then proclaim its the new greatest phone ever made.

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
[citation][nom]dheadley[/nom]How are Android phone different or innovative when each new model so far has just been a slight change in shape, screen size and a .1 GHz speed bump? All minor refreshes at best yet hailed as the greatest phone ever for a week or two until they bump it from 1.4GHz to 1.5GHz and then proclaim its the new greatest phone ever made.[/citation]
Show me the proofs! I haven't heard anything claimed by Android phone manufacturers that "innovative" or "proclaim its the new greatest phone ever made"!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]gophergold08[/nom]look at all these haters. it's quite a sight. it's so sad that you have to bash a company for putting out a product that many people like.[/citation]
Maybe if that "one company" wouldn't abuse legal system to fend off competitors people would hate it less, what do you think?

Let alone that strange things like "wi-fi HDD" suddenly become so popular, because one company dared to restrict user access to it's own data. Clearly it's customers "don't need it" hence the rise of "WiFi HDD", dropbox and similar solutions.

gophergold08

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Maybe if that "one company" wouldn't abuse legal system to fend off competitors people would hate it less, what do you think?[/citation]

so you either hate all corporations or you're just ignorant

Still have my black and white screened phone and it's EASIER to make a phone call than any of the new ones.

I can even turn on the phone and call people on Speed-Dial with the phone behind my back!

Just saying... as for the new roughly 16x9 iPhone 5? I guess I'd have to see it. In general, I like small and simple and don't care about features (obviously) so maybe I'm not the guy to ask.

I suppose if you watched a lot of videos this might be a great idea, but wouldn't it screw up a lot of the APPS they have with the different ratio?

G

This was the last iPhone that Steve Jobs worked on? Wow, must have been phoning it in near the end. The screen is still too small, and if you are going to bother to further fragment iPhones, why not go for more than what amounts to one extra row of icons on the home screen? Why would developers want to re-work their existing programs to accommodate this new screen either? Unless there is a new and significantly upgraded processor on the iPhone 5, I just can't see the upgrade being worth another two year contract. I can get 4G LTE speeds through hotspots and other solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.