News Alleged Titan Card Shows Dual 16-pin Power and Quad-Slot Cooler

"If someone has photographs of a product, then why are they sharing renders of the product?"

Tom (MLID) has explained this several times and it makes sense (to me at least): photographs are way easier to track back to sources than a render that faithfully represent the photos. It's way more effort to produce, but it offers an extra layer of security for whomever is providing the "deets".

And yes, quite the chonker. You could even say it's a chonker of titanic proportions, am I right? HA.

Regards.

"If someone has photographs of a product, then why are they sharing renders of the product?"

Tom (MLID) has explained this several times and it makes sense (to me at least): photographs are way easier to track back to sources than a render that faithfully represent the photos. It's way more effort to produce, but it offers an extra layer of security for whomever is providing the "deets".

And yes, quite the chonker. You could even say it's a chonker of titanic proportions, am I right? HA.

Regards.
The point is, MLID has been laughably wrong on many topics, so we take everything he says with a massive dose of skepticism. Remember the $249 / $199 RDNA cards that were going to be RTX killers back in 2017? Yeah, I do. Intel's Arc is DEAD! Except it's not, at least not yet (officially). I'm sure Nvidia has at least mulled over the idea of a new Titan card, just as I'm sure it thought about a Titan with the previous Ampere architecture. But that never happened, and certainly the same could occur with the Ada Titan. There will likely be either 4090 Ti or a new Titan, but probably not both. We'll see what happens...

nimbulan

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2016
The point is, MLID has been laughably wrong on many topics, so we take everything he says with a massive dose of skepticism. Remember the $249 / $199 RDNA cards that were going to be RTX killers back in 2017? Yeah, I do. Intel's Arc is DEAD! Except it's not, at least not yet (officially). I'm sure Nvidia has at least mulled over the idea of a new Titan card, just as I'm sure it thought about a Titan with the previous Ampere architecture. But that never happened, and certainly the same could occur with the Ada Titan. There will likely be either 4090 Ti or a new Titan, but probably not both. We'll see what happens...
Yeah he has zero credibility as far as I'm concerned. I really have no clue why his wild rumors keep getting posted as news.

As far as this rumor is concerned, these renders make no sense. One shows the PCB being in the normal location at the very top of the card, but the other shows the power connectors being mounted 2/3 of the way down the cooler?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
And I have a bridge in Brooklen to sell you if you buy MLID's 'rumor' (cough trash cough cough)...

While I have no doubt a higher end SKU is coming, this guys track record is in a Chernobyl gutter next to the meltdown itself. Throwing S#!+ at the wall hoping something sticks is about all MLID does. Move on nothing to see here except the faux hype-train circus. Smh

To each their own, I guess.

It's just another point of information and, well, speculation. It's not like I have monetary interest in MLID, Tom's Hardware or any other news outlet getting things right, so I just enjoy the "talk" of things and MLID offers plenty of that; specially with the great guests he sometimes brings.

Regards.

Reactions: Sluggotg and gg83

rbuffetta

Honorable
Aug 13, 2017
We will be on this one soon. This is the old aprils fools card.

https://i.pcmag.com/imagery/articles/03BoUhy8xMqGogBqhHxhyDC-1.fit_lim.size_1600x900.v1617286721.jpg

03BoUhy8xMqGogBqhHxhyDC-1.fit_lim.size_1600x900.v1617286721.jpg

Last edited:

neojack

Honorable
Apr 4, 2019
ahah if it's true it's geting ridiculous, just slap a waterblock on it and call it a day. People with this kind of money have money for a custom loop anyways. Plus it improves performance.