[SOLVED] Almost all games crashing but not pc

Apr 2, 2021
Almost all of my games have been crashing but my PC doesn't crash nor does it have any problems. I have reinstalled windows over and over, fresh installs. my drivers over and over, I have downgraded and upgraded, OC'd and Underclocked and regular clock both CPU and GPU. Still every time it crashes, most games dont give a crash log. my only other crash I get sometimes is running squad I get a atixxdll.dll error and a array error. Rust crashes but doesn't come with an error. Mordhau worked for 2 hours but I dont know if it would crash. my GPU runs at 55c most of the time never reaches 80, my CPU low stable temps as well. Nothing being overran

MOBO: B450M Gaming Plus
GPU: RX 580 8gb
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM 16gb Ripjaw
PSU Coolermaster 660w

Im concluding myself that more than likely my gpu is dying out? I did push it when I first got it.

Solution
How would I go about doing this exactly?
Head to control panel then programs and features, that should give you a list of all of the installed software in the computer, look for AMD Catalyst Install Manager for the old software and AMD Software for the new version and uninstall both, you can also go to Device Manager, click hidden devices and look for any old graphics card under display adapters, right click on it and uninstall, check the box to uninstall its drivers as well.

PSA: that's the 'official' way to uninstall a device driver, whereas third party utilities might work they also tend to install or do... funny stuff to your computer, aka installing malware, probing data via backdoors, and so on, if you do it with a 3rd...
Apr 2, 2021
When I first built the rig I did OC my GPU then OC my CPU, my GPU I pushed too far once or twice. and It was my first build and I did sorta shock the plugin socket because my dumb self plugged it in while it was on; I know dumb idea lol.

Apr 2, 2021
Define push, like in games running at somewhat high temperatures or a year of 24/7 mining?

Also 660W is quite an odd wattage, you're not using a PSU from mid 2000's are you?

Push it as in push my overclocking too far in the mhz.

I do not know about the psu I didn't buy the PSU I only bought the MOBO CPU and GPU It's a seasonic SS-660XP2 660W not Coolermaster my bad!

Apr 2, 2021
Crash to desktop I assume?

Yeah the games just crash to the desktop, I have a log from what squad gives me.

LoginId:5b8a104f40a6ad5ce12bd39bba9014f8
EpicAccountId:

Unhandled exception

SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
SquadGame
kernel32
ntdll

as for the other games, its usually a atixxdll.dll or no log at all.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
#5 PSU should be fine despite being somewhat old, depending on what was paired with before being on that Ryzen.

#6 there's something that shouldn't be there, that dll error, it's atixx.dll, ATi was gone in 2006 but it wasn't until 2016 the catalyst drivers were replaced, that dll file was part of that old catalyst suite, a leftover that AMD had kept from ATi times until the new drivers came out, thing is... it shouldn't be there, not unless you're using an ATi card and an old set of drivers.
That's probably conflicting with the 580 drivers and causing crashes and bluescreens, if I were you I'd look for something related to the catalyst suite or any old AMD chipset drivers and uninstall it, as well as the new drivers, remove everything then reinstall only the 580 drivers.
Well that's my idea.

Reactions: Acidpoptart245
Apr 2, 2021
#5 PSU should be fine despite being somewhat old, depending on what was paired with before being on that Ryzen.

#6 there's something that shouldn't be there, that dll error, it's atixx.dll, ATi was gone in 2006 but it wasn't until 2016 the catalyst drivers were replaced, that dll file was part of that old catalyst suite, a leftover that AMD had kept from ATi times until the new drivers came out, thing is... it shouldn't be there, not unless you're using an ATi card and an old set of drivers.
That's probably conflicting with the 580 drivers and causing crashes and bluescreens, if I were you I'd look for something related to the catalyst suite or any old AMD chipset drivers and uninstall it, as well as the new drivers, remove everything then reinstall only the 580 drivers.
Well that's my idea.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Download a fresh copy of current driver's for your gpu and save it to desktop. Then goto guru3d.com and download DDU. Start it up, and make sure to check the box for safe mode removal as that'll clean out the registry of All video drivers except windows native.
After that's done, install the new drivers from desktop. Then goto your motherboard website/support/downloads and get the latest motherboard chipset drivers package. Install that.

Apr 2, 2021
Download a fresh copy of current driver's for your gpu and save it to desktop. Then goto guru3d.com and download DDU. Start it up, and make sure to check the box for safe mode removal as that'll clean out the registry of All video drivers except windows native.
After that's done, install the new drivers from desktop. Then goto your motherboard website/support/downloads and get the latest motherboard chipset drivers package. Install that.

I've done that with my GPU however I tried to download the B450 drivers and it wouldn't allow me

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Head to control panel then programs and features, that should give you a list of all of the installed software in the computer, look for AMD Catalyst Install Manager for the old software and AMD Software for the new version and uninstall both, you can also go to Device Manager, click hidden devices and look for any old graphics card under display adapters, right click on it and uninstall, check the box to uninstall its drivers as well.

PSA: that's the 'official' way to uninstall a device driver, whereas third party utilities might work they also tend to install or do... funny stuff to your computer, aka installing malware, probing data via backdoors, and so on, if you do it with a 3rd party software be sure to disconnect from the internet for 3 reasons: skip any unwanted bloatware installation, prevent data siphoning (why else would a software that claims to only uninstall drivers connect to the network?) and most importantly prevent Windows 10 from redownloading and installing out of date drivers for the graphics card before you can install the latest version.

Restart and reinstall the RX 580 drivers as well as the Chipset drivers if you're using Ryzen Master or any tuning software that could mess with power plans. That should do it.
If atixx errors keep popping up then something wasn't deleted by the uninstallers.

Solution
Apr 2, 2021
I have run into issues with AMD drivers refusing to instal before due to pending Windows Updates.

Go into settings and make sure windows installs all latest updates first

All updates are good.

PSA: that's the 'official' way to uninstall a device driver, whereas third party utilities might work they also tend to install or do... funny stuff to your computer, aka installing malware, probing data via backdoors, and so on, if you do it with a 3rd party software be sure to disconnect from the internet for 3 reasons: skip any unwanted bloatware installation, prevent data siphoning (why else would a software that claims to only uninstall drivers connect to the network?) and most importantly prevent Windows 10 from redownloading and installing out of date drivers for the graphics card before you can install the latest version.

Restart and reinstall the RX 580 drivers as well as the Chipset drivers if you're using Ryzen Master or any tuning software that could mess with power plans. That should do it.
If atixx errors keep popping up then something wasn't deleted by the uninstallers.

Should I uninstall the AMD PCI and AMD GPIO Controllers as well?

Apr 2, 2021
I as well have

did step by step as said, so far no crashes will update again if fixed.