Alot of bad reviews on this motherboard, should I go with it?

GamersX22

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
I am planning to buy a MSI A78M-E35 Motherboard but on various websites like Newegg and Amazon, there have been people saying that it came Dead On Arrival and that their computer crashes weirdly sometimes and that the board will only last a little while (A few months) and sometimes it would fry itself, there are some good reviews on it but I'm worried that these other things could happen to mine if I decide to purchase it. I just don't know if I should go with it or get a different board?

The ratings are probably due to the low price that should equate with quality. I once bought a Biostar from about the same price price range and after about a year of use, it one day did not even turn on... So I guess cheap boards are made to last the time you pay for... :). MSI is the third best seller (and rated) while ASUS motherboards and Gigabyte are first and second, so you should better get one of these brands. If you check the three ASUS and Gigabyte motherboards listed in the Newegg page, and priced about the same or even lower than the MSI A78M-E35, those three are reduced from higher prices... therefore are better boards for money.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625%2050001315%2050001314%204814%204026%20600469841%20600469846%20600483626&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Order=REVIEWS&PageSize=30

Well, 14 months are still a short time... and besides your mobo is ASRock which is better than Biostar, and I also said "about a year" of use but meant total estimated time of usage since I bought it in 2010 and it died in 2013.. but I did not use it every day in that time period, so in total usage time I estimated about 365 days... And it's not like every inexpensive motherboard will fail soon because nothing is certain.

The point I tried to make was to get a much better motherboard for just a few dollars more (about $15.00 USD), and avoid the possibility (even if a low one) of losing the motherboard much sooner than expected... The risk is simply not worth the +/-$15 saving.