Alphacool Debuts Two New M.2 SSD Cooling Solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braindead154

Reputable
Jul 21, 2016
I personally have experienced major throttling issues with my M.2 drive. Unfortunately, most micro ATX Ryzen boards put the M.2 drive directly underneath the GPU slot. I've gotten around this using thermal pads and copper, others have used tiny fans.

Same here but on a ATX board. My Samsung 960 Pro M.2 runs pretty darn hot due to the poor choice location under the GPU. I'm very seriously considering getting something like this as I have the free PCIE slots.

JakeWearingKhakis

Commendable
Apr 5, 2016
It actually does get hot in a lot of configurations since most are directly next to the GPU, so I can't really argue that this is overkill. But, water cooling it? Well, it would get the job done that's for sure. I guess some people want their hardware to work as pure as possible, being 100% in working order no matter how stressed. That's what I am kind of like, so if I had the money for a new build I'd throw one of these in their.

Yeah, the passive one seems reasonable as Im hitting 60c on my m.2 under the GPU. They will sell like 5 of the water cooled version likely only for the show off type projects on tech sites or the likes. Nobody needs to water cool a M.2. SSD it would be more so for visual effect in the .001% use case.

mlee 2500

Honorable
Oct 20, 2014
I avoid benchmarking mine when it gets hot, because if I knew performance was being degraded by temperatures, then I'd have to do something about it.

I put this topic in the category of "Things I'd really rather just not know about".

Status
Not open for further replies.