[SOLVED] Alright.. know very little about PCs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 31, 2020
Okay I'm about to buy this PC from my buddy since he hasn't used it in about a year. Has a i7 9700f and a GTX 1660ti. So obviously not the best, but getting it extremely cheap. But I'm mainly curious if I could get this pc, and buy a GTX 1080ti and put it in there without any issues. Due to size, power supply etc. Not exactly sure how to find the power supply, or what case it is lol. I'll try and find out how to post pictures here in a min. But just bc a gtx 1660ti fits in, doesn't mean a 1080 will right? Assuming 1080 is much bigger

EDIT. Can't figure out how to post pics. So I'll try a link to imgur

View: https://imgur.com/a/ybfjneL

Solution
The 1080 ti is not the king of the roost anymore. Yes, it's an upgrade, but it's not a huge upgrade over the 1660 Ti. I suggest either keeping the 1660ti, or getting something better than the 1080.

The case is fine and will fit a 1080, there are multiple variations of each card, with different sizings, and there are 1080 ti minis, though your case could fit even the largest ones, like a G1 or a strix.

we can't see the powersupply so i cant tell you what it is, or if it's good enough. it's behind the iBuyPower logo btw.

You can take it out with the 4 screws on the bottom half of the pc, or just take a picture of it on the other side of the pc, it should have a sticker with all its info on there.
The 1080 ti is not the king of the roost anymore. Yes, it's an upgrade, but it's not a huge upgrade over the 1660 Ti. I suggest either keeping the 1660ti, or getting something better than the 1080.

The case is fine and will fit a 1080, there are multiple variations of each card, with different sizings, and there are 1080 ti minis, though your case could fit even the largest ones, like a G1 or a strix.

we can't see the powersupply so i cant tell you what it is, or if it's good enough. it's behind the iBuyPower logo btw.

You can take it out with the 4 screws on the bottom half of the pc, or just take a picture of it on the other side of the pc, it should have a sticker with all its info on there.

Solution
Oct 31, 2020

Awesome! Ty very much for the response! I'm going to try and see right now what the ps is. So any other issues you could think of upgrading the gpu? Would the i7 9700f be a bottleneck or anything?