[SOLVED] Alt+Tab in games

Oct 26, 2019
So i play Euro Truck a loton a tripple screen monito. but on full screen the game is minimizing on alt-tab but when i try to alt-tab back in, the game won't re-open.
When the game is in windowed mode. This just works.

Before this worked with one monitor
When I try this in other full-screen games, alt-tab just works.

any help would be wolcome.

Solution
When a game runs in full screen, it can gain exclusive access to your graphics hardware and windows won't render your desktop in the background.
So when you Alt+Tab it minimizes the game and start rendering the desktop again. when you switch back to the game, it restores itself but some games are coded differently and may encounter a problem while doing alt+tab.

This happens in Mafia 3 as well, solution is, the way i do it personally is by pressing Right Alt+Enter to make it go into window mode and then I either pause and hover the mouse over to my desktop or Alt+Tab to other programs. to go back to the game, simply click on the windowed game and Right Alt+Enter again to go in full-screen mode.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
When a game runs in full screen, it can gain exclusive access to your graphics hardware and windows won't render your desktop in the background.
So when you Alt+Tab it minimizes the game and start rendering the desktop again. when you switch back to the game, it restores itself but some games are coded differently and may encounter a problem while doing alt+tab.

This happens in Mafia 3 as well, solution is, the way i do it personally is by pressing Right Alt+Enter to make it go into window mode and then I either pause and hover the mouse over to my desktop or Alt+Tab to other programs. to go back to the game, simply click on the windowed game and Right Alt+Enter again to go in full-screen mode.

Solution
Oct 26, 2019

Thanks for the quick response but before when I had one scree it did work the Alt+Tab.

AshMetalRaf

Reputable
Sep 19, 2018
Thanks for the quick response but before when I had one scree it did work the Alt+Tab.
Because 1 monitor saves on hardware resources while triple screen uses more of your PC which disallows alt+tab to perform a correct switching in some cases. you might get away with alt+tab in triple monitor but it's hardly ever to happen on certain games.