Question Aluminium and only Purified water ( distilled water)

Apr 14, 2019
Hello I’m getting EK fluid gaming case
So it’s all aluminum loop , I consider it as a start then I will move to copper ( change whole loop) at least the Aluminium parts
So my question is ...
Can I use only distilled water and change it every week or so ?
Or will need to change it like every 3 days or so to prevent damage
Cause It will take time until i get some PrimoChill or EK conc. Clear due to chemicals regulation in my current country
So what do you think ?

Ralston18

Titan
Something like the following website link?

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/powerspec-fluid-gaming/

Do not over think the matter.

Simply follow the guidelines and requirements of the components in question via the manufacturer's User Manual/Guide.

Overall, you do need to provide more information about your computer's hardware configuration.

Truly need to eliminate the possibility that there is some marketing hype pushing you to "buy more".

Reactions: Dr_m.sharawi
Apr 14, 2019
Something like the following website link?

https://www.ekfluidgaming.com/powerspec-fluid-gaming/

Do not over think the matter.

Simply follow the guidelines and requirements of the components in question via the manufacturer's User Manual/Guide.

Overall, you do need to provide more information about your computer's hardware configuration.

Truly need to eliminate the possibility that there is some marketing hype pushing you to "buy more".
Hello hope u having a good day
Yes it’s the PowerSpec as in the link
It’s tested on EK cryo fuel only
Any way no matter how I do, I can’t get the EK cryo fuel at least not within the next few months
So any ideas 😀 about using only purified water at the safest way

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
I would not recommend using just purified/distilled water unless the PowerSpec documentation specificallty states that doing so is okay.

An analogy being that you cannot/should not use plain water instead of antifreeze in your automobile's cooling system....

Not sure which unit you have but I did watch the following video regarding "Filling the System" for the A120.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgCTlcRH0BQ&list=PLURGpXub3CCA3ZZOlAQrDVXfEiJymA_6r&index=8

Note the segments about mixing the fluids.

Failure to follow the installation guidelines may void any warranties and damage the units.

You can always contact the vendor for advice - use email or a chat so you can document the conversations.

Apr 14, 2019
EK kits come with the coolant, why do you feel you wouldn't have it when the kit arrives?
Hello
No coolant included in Lian li 011 EK fluid gaming case
It just comes with the pre_build loop and tubing
That’s why I was asking about temporary solution
I already ordered primo Chill
Put as EK cryo ,
I suspected if it can pass the customs to my country any way
I feel sad a little

Apr 14, 2019
There's 4 of those builds, 3 come pre-built, pre-filled. The 4th is a specialized hard tube kit, that includes pre-cut hard tubing, but only accepts certain top line motherboards. Doesn't include the pre-mix.

Not entirely sure why.
Yes sir I have ordered the 4th one , I got suitable M.B for it too
I hope someone can come with idea
I have no problem refilling my system every couple days with purified water until I get a PRE-MIX Liquid

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The water doesn't go away. You won't need to keep refilling it at all. The only thing you'll need to do is a full, complete flush of the system before you fill it. Both times. Once after build to flush any leftover manufacturing process oils or sediment, and once before you get the coolant to remove any traces of possible algae growth.

Apr 14, 2019
The water doesn't go away. You won't need to keep refilling it at all. The only thing you'll need to do is a full, complete flush of the system before you fill it. Both times. Once after build to flush any leftover manufacturing process oils or sediment, and once before you get the coolant to remove any traces of possible algae growth.
Thank you very much
I will keep that in mind
Put the issue here is
( is it safe to use only distilled water ) with this aluminum loop
Even if I have to drain and refill every couple days to avoid galvanic corrosion and algae accumulation, just until I get my Coolant 😥

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Lol. I had to read the description twice, for each build listed, just to make sure I was reading what I was reading. Definitely no mention of fluid.

From the requirements of specific mobo's for build #4, I'm gathering that the tubing is pre-cut for VRM hybrid heatsink/motherboard use. Which afaik are aluminium, but I'm not sure if the tubing inside is actually copper, nickle or aluminium, if there is even tubing, not just a water jacket style. Considering EK used a full aluminium kit, I'd like to say the VRM's are aluminium, to prevent galvanic corrosion, but traditionally I've seen motherboards like that on full copper systems.

Spend $800 for a Godlike board, I'd not want it wrecked in 6 months by corrosion, or wreck the rest of the loop since it's the aluminium that corrodes, not the copper.

You may not be able to one day switch out to copper, not sure, rubix will know far better.

Apr 14, 2019
Lol. I had to read the description twice, for each build listed, just to make sure I was reading what I was reading. Definitely no mention of fluid.

From the requirements of specific mobo's for build #4, I'm gathering that the tubing is pre-cut for VRM hybrid heatsink/motherboard use. Which afaik are aluminium, but I'm not sure if the tubing inside is actually copper, nickle or aluminium, if there is even tubing, not just a water jacket style. Considering EK used a full aluminium kit, I'd like to say the VRM's are aluminium, to prevent galvanic corrosion, but traditionally I've seen motherboards like that on full copper systems.

Spend $800 for a Godlike board, I'd not want it wrecked in 6 months by corrosion, or wreck the rest of the loop since it's the aluminium that corrodes, not the copper.

You may not be able to one day switch out to copper, not sure, rubix will know far better.
Hello
I am using asus z390 with that Lian li 011
So I don’t have to worry about VRM 😂
Actually there is the link where the product is offered
https://www.amazon.com/PowerSpec-PC...ing&qid=1571246135&sprefix=fluid+gamig&sr=8-1
So what do you think about distilled water only

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ok, that's a little confusing since the Asus Strix-E Z390 doesn't have a hybrid/water jacket VRM or any other motherboard connection. So why the insistence on compatability is beyond me, lga1151 is lga1151, all same mount, socket in same place, ATX standard etc. Why not the Strix-F or Z390 Hero.

But the Amazon link definitely says, first thing, coolant not included.

Sorry, but the more I look at this, the more bone-headed it looks.

Apr 14, 2019
I agree.

Buy the case you want, then buy the liquid cooling kit you want. I wouldn't spring for a case+kit with pre-cut tubing.......ever.

Even if the argument that you don't know how to research, buy and install custom watercooling, my advice would be, 'not like this'.
Yes sir I understand
I am going to replace the loop after a year or so
The radiator, pump , fittings , blocks , every thing
I will just keep the waterway and delid my CPU
However I’m still not sure if distilled water can damage my components even if I replaced it every couple of days
I hope that I get my Promochill , it has good reputation

Apr 14, 2019
Ok, that's a little confusing since the Asus Strix-E Z390 doesn't have a hybrid/water jacket VRM or any other motherboard connection. So why the insistence on compatability is beyond me, lga1151 is lga1151, all same mount, socket in same place, ATX standard etc. Why not the Strix-F or Z390 Hero.

But the Amazon link definitely says, first thing, coolant not included.

Sorry, but the more I look at this, the more bone-headed it looks.
Actually it will work with any motherboard put you will need to make your own tubing and bends