Question Am I bottlenecking anything ?

killcount001

Commendable
May 19, 2020
hello, so i recently went to micro center to build my first pc but i am not as knowledgable as i used to be and used the help of the employee a lot, but as i built it and am getting back into stuff, im worried i may have a poor board choice for my pc, im gonna list my parts if there is anything limiting or that i should change. Please let me know because i want to make sure its a solid build with expandability and stuff for the future.

CPU: ryzen 5 5600
GPU" msi 3060
Board: gigabyte B450M DS3H WIFI-CF (AM4)
Ram: dual channel 2x8 @ 3200 mz
power supply and case dont really matter

im mostly worried i cheaped out on the board, thanks.

Everything looks fine, I mean yeah that is a cheaper board, but its also not the worst out there, I probably wouldn't expect a Ryzen 9 5950x to run at full load 24/7 on it without a fan or some sort of air moving around the vrm area, But an 5800x or a 5900x should run on that board without any issues, the 5600 you got wont have any problems on it.

Reactions: killcount001

Ar558

Proper
Dec 13, 2022
Yeh I'd be surprised if anything is bottlenecked. You could get more from the CPU with a 3060Ti at least but I wouldn't really call that a bottleneck. The board isn't a bottleneck but obviously if you wanted to upgrade you would likely be needing AM5 anyway

Reactions: killcount001