[SOLVED] Am I hacked?

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Hello! I have been on my pc for 4 hrs today and about 1 hr was on reddit. I just got on my phone and found out that I had joined a subreddit wich looks shady and seems like spam.

r/digitalmunition

No idea what this is. I am concerned I am backdoored. There is no way I joined in accident since I've never seen this subreddit.

Solution
I doubt so. What you can do now is to unjoin the subreddit, change your Reddit's password to using a stronger one -- use a password generator, log out and back in from Reddit from your phone. I'd strongly suggest you to use a Password Manager. Check out providers like LassPass, or Dashlane.

dat789

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
I doubt so. What you can do now is to unjoin the subreddit, change your Reddit's password to using a stronger one -- use a password generator, log out and back in from Reddit from your phone. I'd strongly suggest you to use a Password Manager. Check out providers like LassPass, or Dashlane.

Reactions: Nonkii
Solution

Nonkii

Respectable
Jul 27, 2019
Alright thanks. I'm actually waiting to see if something suspicious happens on the acc again so I haven't changed yet.

dat789

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2013
If you are ever in doubt, please don't hesitate to take actions. There is a chance that it's nothing and nothing happens, but on the contrary, you'd lose access to your account(s) even before you know it. That is an inconvenience you don't need to have. So, take action soon as you can is my strongest suggestion!

TRENDING THREADS