Oct 20, 2024
My PC keeps randomly restarted and it's says memory overclock disabled and it's not enabled xmp anymore but it's still keeps randomly shutdown, When I run furmark and prime95 for 30 minutes and it's fine but it's restarting at random time and now it's keeps restarting without going past the windows log in screen I already reset the CMOS but it's still restarting, I been using this PSU for a year, also one time when the pc restarted it trip my short circuit breaker, here is the event viewer logs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jQT3RLxU4d5wm24gvzLpNIEzqjmsyuPM/view?usp=drivesdk

SPEC:
Windows 11 Latest update
CPU: I5 13400f
Motherboard: MSI PRO B760M-A DDR4 wifi - never updated the bios
GPU: Asus Dual RTX 3060ti V2 OC
RAM: Team Delta RGB T-Force 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4
SSD: Nvme Crucial P5
PSU: Cooler Master V750 Gold V2

I'm planning to buy new PSU Is Corsair RM750x good PSU?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How are you cooling the processor?

What BIOS version are you currently on? The latest BIOS version is 7D99v1C, I would advise that you flash the BIOS to the latest version, then clear your CMOS. In order to do so, you should disconnect from your display and wall outlet, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the battery after 30mins.

Just be wary that you will need to update your ME(management engine) firmware, pay attention BIOS notes/description for said BIOS listing.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Is Corsair RM750x good PSU?
Yes. It is good quality, fully modular with 10 year warranty. Also, 80+ Gold efficiency.

PSU: Cooler Master V750 Gold V2
This PSU is borderline between low quality and mediocre quality. So, the fact that your system reboots randomly, is likely due to the poor PSU you're using.

Another reason for reboots/shut downs would be CPU/GPU overheat. But overheating components would not trip the circuit breaker. Bad PSU can.
So, do look into getting new PSU. This way, you can rule out PSU issue.

Oct 20, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How are you cooling the processor?

What BIOS version are you currently on? The latest BIOS version is 7D99v1C, I would advise that you flash the BIOS to the latest version, then clear your CMOS. In order to do so, you should disconnect from your display and wall outlet, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the battery after 30mins.

Just be wary that you will need to update your ME(management engine) firmware, pay attention BIOS notes/description for said BIOS listing.
I already clear CMOS now I can't even turning on the pc so I can't update the bios

Oct 20, 2024
Yes. It is good quality, fully modular with 10 year warranty. Also, 80+ Gold efficiency.

This PSU is borderline between low quality and mediocre quality. So, the fact that your system reboots randomly, is likely due to the poor PSU you're using.

Another reason for reboots/shut downs would be CPU/GPU overheat. But overheating components would not trip the circuit breaker. Bad PSU can.
Well I thought this is a good PSU why this PSU is in tier A psu tier list?

Oct 20, 2024

The GPU/CPU temp is lower than 70c so it's not overheating

Lutfij

Titan
I meant clear the CMOS after you update the BIOS. If your BIOS is corrupt, no matter how many times you clear the CMOS it won't bring it to life. So you got the event viewer log while the system was able to power up?

If you can't turn on your PC anymore, you might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU and see if that brings your system to life.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
why this PSU is in tier A psu tier list?
Since you didn't give PSU part number, it is difficult to make sense, which model it exactly is, since Cooler Master has many different units that are named V Gold and V2 Gold.

I looked it up form TH's PSU Tier list (which now has gone "poof" but is accessible from waybackmachine),
link: https://web.archive.org/web/2024090...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

There, V2 Gold non-modular and V2 Gold are both in Tier B, low priority units.

To clear confusion of PSU models, it is always best to include the part number of it.
E.g my PSUs are;
Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium, with part number of: [SSR-650TD]. (Now known as PRIME TX-650.)
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650 80+ Titanium, with part number of: [SSR-650TR] (Now known as PRIME TX-650.)
Seasonic Focus+ 550 80+ Platinum, with part number of: [SSR-550PX] (Now known as Focus PX-550.)

IF your PSU is Tier A, RMA it, since there can be lemons, even among the best.

Oct 20, 2024
I meant clear the CMOS after you update the BIOS. If your BIOS is corrupt, no matter how many times you clear the CMOS it won't bring it to life. So you got the event viewer log while the system was able to power up?

If you can't turn on your PC anymore, you might want to source(borrow, not buy) a reliably built PSU and see if that brings your system to life.
I already looking for PSU to borrow few days ago but there no decent PSU I can borrow in my area so I need to buy it

Oct 20, 2024
Since you didn't give PSU part number, it is difficult to make sense, which model it exactly is, since Cooler Master has many different units that are named V Gold and V2 Gold.

I looked it up form TH's PSU Tier list (which now has gone "poof" but is accessible from waybackmachine),
link: https://web.archive.org/web/2024090...er-list-rev-14-8-final-update-jul-21.3624094/

There, V2 Gold non-modular and V2 Gold are both in Tier B, low priority units.

To clear confusion of PSU models, it is always best to include the part number of it.
E.g my PSUs are;
Seasonic PRIME 650 80+ Titanium, with part number of: [SSR-650TD]. (Now known as PRIME TX-650.)
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650 80+ Titanium, with part number of: [SSR-650TR] (Now known as PRIME TX-650.)
Seasonic Focus+ 550 80+ Platinum, with part number of: [SSR-550PX] (Now known as Focus PX-550.)

IF your PSU is Tier A, RMA it, since there can be lemons, even among the best.
My PSU model is: MPY-750V-AFBAG

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
My PSU model is: MPY-750V-AFBAG
Yeah, that's the Tier A unit.
Review: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-v750-gold-v2-power-supply-review

I'd suggest that you RMA your PSU. Could be that there are some faults with it (hence why it has 10 year warranty).

Once you've gotten replacement and same issues still remain, time to look towards less likely options, like:
* MoBo VRMs
* are you using power strip, where PSU's power cable plugs in?
* other high loads on your home electrical network (to find out why circuit breaker tripped)
etc.

Oct 20, 2024
Yeah, that's the Tier A unit.
Review: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooler-master-v750-gold-v2-power-supply-review

I'd suggest that you RMA your PSU. Could be that there are some faults with it (hence why it has 10 year warranty).

Once you've gotten replacement and same issues still remain, time to look towards less likely options, like:
* MoBo VRMs
* are you using power strip, where PSU's power cable plugs in?
* other high loads on your home electrical network (to find out why circuit breaker tripped)
etc.
I'm using 5 meter power strip (no daisy chain) to plug in my pc and monitor, I don't have any other high wattage electronic in my home

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
You wrote that you've used CM PSU for a year. Did the reboots/shut downs start as soon as you got the PSU, or after? Also, when after, any apparent reason why reboots/shut downs started to appear?

Note: if issue is with PSU, there aren't any apparent reasons why issues started to appear and issues can start appearing at any given moment, not only when initially starting to use the PSU.

I'm using 5 meter power strip (no daisy chain) to plug in my pc and monitor
Not the best setup. Better would be PSU cable plugged directly to the wall but most wall sockets are single socket, so, there's no other way than using power strip.

I don't have any other high wattage electronic in my home
In this case, it does point towards PSU issue. Since circuit breaker trips when there's overload or short circuit. And faulty PSU can trip circuit breaker as well.

You said that you can't loan a PSU to rule out PSU issue, where only option is buying one. If so, i'd suggest buying the Corsair RMx. This way, you can rule out PSU issue easily and when you're RMA'ing your CM unit, you still have Corsair PSU to power your PC in the mean time.

Oct 20, 2024
You wrote that you've used CM PSU for a year. Did the reboots/shut downs start as soon as you got the PSU, or after? Also, when after, any apparent reason why reboots/shut downs started to appear?

Note: if issue is with PSU, there aren't any apparent reasons why issues started to appear and issues can start appearing at any given moment, not only when initially starting to use the PSU.

Not the best setup. Better would be PSU cable plugged directly to the wall but most wall sockets are single socket, so, there's no other way than using power strip.

In this case, it does point towards PSU issue. Since circuit breaker trips when there's overload or short circuit. And faulty PSU can trip circuit breaker as well.

You said that you can't loan a PSU to rule out PSU issue, where only option is buying one. If so, i'd suggest buying the Corsair RMx. This way, you can rule out PSU issue easily and when you're RMA'ing your CM unit, you still have Corsair PSU to power your PC in the mean time.
1. The issue start few days ago for a year I don't have any issue, the issue appears when I try to turn on the pc my pc keeps restarting and it's trip the breaker after 15th attempt on turning on, after I wait for 30 minutes the pc turn on and it's seems stable and after that day when I turn off my pc it start to create crackling noise after 10 second turning my pc off, the noise only appear when it's plugged in but not turning it on, after 2 days the noise is gone when I plugged the pc, the noise link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iFL3WsgVVRuHqMV6Rz0vp1SCxl81jFcE/view?usp=drivesdk

2. Yeah I have no other option for plugging in my pc

Misgar

Respectable
Mar 2, 2023
after that day when I turn off my pc it start to create crackling noise after 10 second turning my pc off,
That "crackling noise" could be components inside the PSU burning up. Don't use the PSU again.

it's trip the breaker after 15th attempt on turning on,
The very short duration initial current surge of an ATX PSU can exceed 80A and has been known to trip breakers and fuses. See below.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-we-test-psu,4042-7.html
Inrush current, or switch-on surge, refers to the maximum, instantaneous input current drawn by an electrical device when it is first turned on. Because of the charging current of the APFC capacitor(s), PSUs produce significant inrush current as soon as they are turned on. A large enough inrush current can cause the tripping of circuit breakers and fuses, and may also damage switches, relays, and bridge rectifiers. As a result, the lower the inrush current of a PSU right as it is turned on, the better.

eyVFhmV5rA69fQwtFdsgVk.png

Oct 20, 2024
That "crackling noise" could be components inside the PSU burning up. Don't use the PSU again.

The very short duration initial current surge of an ATX PSU can exceed 80A and has been known to trip breakers and fuses. See below.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/how-we-test-psu,4042-7.html
Inrush current, or switch-on surge, refers to the maximum, instantaneous input current drawn by an electrical device when it is first turned on. Because of the charging current of the APFC capacitor(s), PSUs produce significant inrush current as soon as they are turned on. A large enough inrush current can cause the tripping of circuit breakers and fuses, and may also damage switches, relays, and bridge rectifiers. As a result, the lower the inrush current of a PSU right as it is turned on, the better.

eyVFhmV5rA69fQwtFdsgVk.png
Oh I didn't know about inrush current on PSU thanks for the info

TRENDING THREADS