Am I in the right route?

phaxy

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
So ok. I'm trying to build a gaming system. I just need to finalize everything though I already have a some components since they were on sale this past few weeks.
Here's my spec

CPU - intel e8500 (I got this one from dell for around 160 Shipped. And I learned its an EO stepping which is good)

Mobo - Gigabyte UD3P (I'm not planning to SLI or Xfire in the future. I know right, i shouldve just pick ud3r but its the same price in newegg so)

RAM - I'm still debating on this part. I can't choose between mushkins or g.skill and I will prefer a 2x2 1066 ram whichever go on sale I might just grab it.

HD - 1TB Samsung f1 Spinpoint ( Got this one on newegg for $79 shipped)

GPU - BFG gtx 295 (I bought one on dell for like $390 incl. tax and shipping which is I think a decent deal)

PSU - Corsair 750w TX (I can't say anything on this one it has a good review though and has a decent price)

Case - Cooler Master 690

CPU Cooler - TRUE black edition (I'm just wondering if they will include the xbow bracket for 775 i know the fan is not included)

So yeah I basically got my CPU, PSU, HD, and gpu on the way. I kinda skimp on my case and cpu since I'm trying to focus on the gaming area. I know this thing will play any current games if I can make it run lol. I'm a first time builder and I need some opinions and suggestions. Thanks

Hmm...planning to hit 4GHz ugh ;)
Hmm...then you can get the DDR2 1066...would support extreme overclock better...But if you want extreme overclock, then you should get the corsair Dominator...they are very stable and overclock nice...

phaxy

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Hmm...planning to hit 4GHz ugh ;)
Hmm...then you can get the DDR2 1066...would support extreme overclock better...But if you want extreme overclock, then you should get the corsair Dominator...they are very stable and overclock nice...

yep. What do you think are the chances that I will hit 4ghz? XD
Yeh dominator were my initial choice maybe I should reconsider them.