[SOLVED] Am I installing my motherboard drivers wrong?

tfquinnell

Prominent
Dec 23, 2018
I have an MSI B450m Mortar mobo that came with all of the normal stuff like the DVD for installing the drivers and everything, but I didn't use them because my PC was working fine (I built it yesterday). However, when I try to play games they crash after ten minutes, at the longest. I told my friend and he said to install the drivers, but I read earlier on here that the DVD had a bunch of outdated ones and other files I didn't need. Also, I have already tried to download the files from the CD, but since my case doesn't have a CD drive, I had to download it onto a flash drive from my laptop and then plug it into my PC and go from there, and it would've taken at least 2 hours just to get all of the files onto my PC, so I just didn't do it and thought I'd be fine until my games were crashing. I then searched for the MSI page for my motherboard that I could download the drivers from, but when they were all for either Radeon graphics drivers or HD audio drivers. Am I doing something wrong?

Solution

In search/Cortana box type Device Manager...scroll down to System Devices. Right click on everything with AMD in front and then click on Update Driver (actually, click everything if you want). Follow prompts to search for and install the latest Microsoft certified drivers for each system device. Some should ask you to restart to complete installation.

Solution